Home Forums General Discussion Weight Loss!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Just wondering how many people are having trouble keeping weight on. I am eating but losing too much weight. I know that anemia is part of this and weight loss but I was wondering how many people are having this issue!  Thanks!

Chris

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1567]Chris[/user] wrote:

I am eating but losing too much weight.

Same here; although I think I've finally reached a plateau.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Eggs
    Participant

same here…if i dont eat well for a few days i drop weight like crazy and i can't loose weight anymore. does anyone have lack of appetite issues? just wondering…

Parisa
    Participant

My husband had a real problem with weight loss.  He got into the scary 130s for a man whose normal weight was 160+.  Alot of people push a candida/no carb diet but for him that was a definite no-no.  Make sure you are getting enough carbs – whole grain and healthy of course (and gluten free, even better!).

Add healthy fats such as coconut milk shakes, avocado.

Truly, what works in the long run is beating back the disease which in his case was babesiosis.

Chris, with the weight loss and anemia, I really think you need to look into babesiosis.

Lorie A
    Participant

[user=166]Eggs[/user] wrote:

same here…if i dont eat well for a few days i drop weight like crazy and i can't loose weight anymore. does anyone have lack of appetite issues? just wondering…

I have also noticed that I am dropping weight and don't have much appetite. Sometimes with a change of seasons, usually in the fall, I will lose a little appetite but this time the weight drop is too quick and too much. I think I have lost about 3lbs in the last week which puts me at about 108lbs right now.

I went gluten free a few months ago, lost a little weight, got a big increase in energy but my digestive system seems to be off since doing it. Recently I have added some wheat back into my diet to see if that would help with my appetite. I have a little better appetite, but I also think I might just be robbing Peter to pay Paul. 😕

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Often people who go gluten-free dont get enough complex carbohydrate in their diets and this does contribute to weight loss. It's important to ensure there is enough complex carbs being eaten. I dropped a helluva lot of weight when I first went gluten-free, but have now put back on 4 or 5 pounds and have stabilised at a weight I feel really good at. Chris, I have posted on your anemia thread also, which may help with this question also. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Weight Loss!’ is closed to new replies.