Home Forums General Discussion Weight gain on AP?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    chrysalis
    Participant

Hi I was told by my rheumatologist that RA can cause weight loss or gain depending on your size. I cut out most carbohydrates on advice of a homeopath to exclude wheat and because I could not move around very much I was not burning them up. Over a period of 4 months I lost a great deal of weight but also all my muscles-again part of this is the disease disolving collagen from the inflammation. Wanted to share this as it was so upsetting at the time, everybody saying, “wow, you look great”, yeah shame I can’t pick up a pencil now I do not have a muscle in my arm. So giving up carbs works but needs to be balanced with some way of retaining muscle while the AP is reducing inflammation load-if you still have muscles you are in front of the game in some ways. This takes a lot of patience so please do not get disheartened, mobility is more important. Regards chrysalis

Kash
    Participant

I have always had a weight problem…any weight I lost was quickly found… 😆

It seems to have worsened with Lyme and friends. Probably because I am more sedentary along with all the gunk in me.
    LLMD says I am toxic, he added not me personally, which was nice. I have this dream one day all the toxins are going to flush out taking the many unwanted pounds with them…..I take all the supplements the doc recommends…

Thanks for posting about it, makes me feel a little less upset about the whole issue 🙁

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I’ve also gained weight. I wonder about this.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.