Home Forums General Discussion Week 1 on AP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    prix560
    Participant

I have been taking the minocylcline for one week now.  I have completely stopped taking Methotrexate as of 6/25/2008.  I have not had any ill affects as of yet.  On Saturday July 5, my neighbor and I went out to the driving range and I was able to hit a large bucket of balls.  I stopped on my way home and bought a left hand wrist brace.  I wore it that night while going out to eat and to the movies, and I also wore it the next day during the day off and on if I felt some pressure.  I have also been running speaker wire in the attic for outdoor speakers and put up a small shelf in the storage room for the stereo.  I do not feel as tired lately all of the time, I do still have some fatigue moments but not as many and not as often.

Last night after working in the attic I went out side and chipped golf balls for half an hour.  I also feel a little more chipper lately, not nearly as grouchy. 

My next delima is I accidently ate right after taking my antibiotic today and I am thinking about taking one tonight before bed to make sure I get a full dose away from food.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=480]prix560[/user] wrote:

My next delima is I accidently ate right after taking my antibiotic today and I am thinking about taking one tonight before bed to make sure I get a full dose away from food.

Prix, so good to hear you're active and running! What dose did you decide on in the end?

If you take your dose late, make sure to sit up for a good hour after. The tetracyclines can burn the esophagus pretty badly if not fully dissolved in the stomach. I probably go way over the top, but prefer err on the safe side and take mine at 10pm with a full glass of water and then go to bed around midnight (sometimes later, as I'm a night owl). My doc said esophageal burning can mean an emergency visit, it can be that bad.

You must be counting down the days to your trip out to Texas!

Peace, Maz

prix560
    Participant

Well I have been taking 100 mg once a day, mainly in the morning after breakfast and before lunch.  I get up at 5:00 AM so there is plenty of time in that slot.  I am very anxious to go to Texas I have an old friend in North LA that has invited me to stay at his house to help with the cost of a hotel room and to shorten up the drive. 

I am a little nervous of a herx as I am the only one who does my job at work so if I don't come in and really piles up.  Job security I guess.  I was thinking about the daily 100mg that I do now with a pulse 100mg at night on MWF, but have decided to be patient and wait for Dr. RK's advice.  I really want to knock this stuff out, and be aggressive.

Also you would be proud I restrained myself this past weekend and stayed away from the liquor and any subsequent wrestleing matches that may have followed.  I turned down many offers I want to stay away from the liquid courage until I start to feel better and get ahead of this disease.  It will be hard with LSU football only a month and a half away.  LOL.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=480]prix560[/user] wrote:

I was thinking about the daily 100mg that I do now with a pulse 100mg at night on MWF, but have decided to be patient and wait for Dr. RK's advice.  I really want to knock this stuff out, and be aggressive.

Also you would be proud I restrained myself this past weekend and stayed away from the liquor and any subsequent wrestleing matches that may have followed. 

WOW, Prix, I'm soooo proud!!!!!  :roll-laugh: That's one heck of a lot of restraint!!!

I think you're really smart to hang on and wait for Dr RK's input. The second week was when it really hit me when I upped my mino dose from 100mg to 200mg at the start. If you're doing okay on 100mg, then it's good to stick with that for now. No point in tempting fate, especially when you need to keep going for work and make that long drive.

I know how you feel, wanting to treat aggressively and kick RA butt. I was all gung-ho in the beginning, too. It backfired on me, though, when after a year of high dose abx, I started getting so hypersensitive, it was like battery acid flowing through my veins. :sick: This is one isntance where I learned that the old children's parable about the tortoise and the hare holds quite a bit of water….easy does it wins the race.

So happy you're doing okay, Prix!  I love reading your posts and that party animal pic of yours always makes me a smile. 😀

Peace, Maz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Week 1 on AP’ is closed to new replies.