Home Forums General Discussion weather, humidity, & inflammation.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mkay
    Participant

Our weather rapidly went from the mid 60's to very humid 90's!  Does this effect anyone else like it does me?  When it's hot and humid I'm more sore than normal, my fingers always feel sore, swollen, and puffy…not a good feeling.  Is this common for you?!

Thanks, it always helps if someone else has been through the same thing!

reesak
    Participant

most definitely.  It is 90s and humid here too – last week when it rained all week here I felt terrible.  When it is sunny and 70 with no humidity, I feel much better

ReesaK

Alli
    Participant

We had very high humidity here yesterday and I had an extremely difficult time breathing. As a matter of fact I took off work, went home to bed and put on my oxygen machine.  Once the wind picked up it sort of blew the humidity out and I felt a lot better. 

In regard to joint pain or inflammation, my husband asked me if my wrists were sore because I kept stretching them.  Funny, I hadn't noticed that the joints in my wrists were bothersome – I guess worrying so much about my next breath sorta takes the worry out of other things.  But in answer to your question, I think it does affect my joints as well. 

Take care….Alli

Cat
    Participant

It makes it extremely difficult to breathe!  The wind also makes it tough it's almost as though a vacuum is sucking the air right out of your lungs!!!  Yes, my fingers are very swollen and sore, the tips are starting to look like grapes.  If the weather stays the same for a few days I seem to adjust to it but drastic changes are torture.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Dr Brown wrote about low barometric pressure and high humidity prompting flares –  'promoting a sudden release of antigen to a sensitized area' (pg 213 of The Road Back in The New Arthritis Breakthorough, Henry Scammell). Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mkay
    Participant

Thank you for the replies, I sometimes feel like an old person when I know it's going to rain because of my pain level LOL!  This darn disease is not fun.  People who feel normal have not a clue!  Thanks again you guys are the best 🙂

reesak
    Participant

you are so right about others not having a clue how we feel.  It is hard to explain to someone that not only does your joint hurt, it will not move!!

ReesaK

mschmidt
    Participant

Humidity is not my friend, and come to think of it, when I was normal, it wasn't my friend either, although my fingers didn't swell and my joints didn't hurt.  My body just retained water, which is pretty normal when it's humid out.  Now, I refer to my hands as my barometer because if I eat something that I react to, they swell…if the humidity is high, they swell…if a storm is on the horizon, my fingers swell.  So, I can definitely relate.  My joint pain levels are almost non-existent, despite the weather, which I attribute to balancing my hormones, thyroid included. 

Maria

mkay
    Participant

Maria~

I just had a full thyroid panel done, I thought maybe this was part of my problem since so many others have troubles with their thyroid.  My results were all normal and she tested it for everything.  I also think that my hormones play a role in this, is there a specific test you can take?

Thanks!

mschmidt
    Participant

As far as my thyroid is concerned, it was normal for a long time, then decided to go whacky on me.  I had my hormones tested by saliva and urine, and currently use compounded bio-identical hormone cream, which has helped A LOT of my symptoms, particularily swelling and inflammation, especially around weather, etc.

Blood hormone testing isn't always the best indication of hormone levels, which is why I did the saliva and urine testing.

Maria

Participant

Hello,

Living in Wisconsin, the weather is very erratic. Went from 40's 2 weeks ago to 80's this week. The humidity doesn't bother me as much, likely because we all have different diagnoses. However, when it is warm, the joints simply don't ache as much. Last fall and this spring, I could definetely tell the change in pressure, and mostly was more increased pain. However, the warm sun here is at least a nice respite from the cold. Take care God Bless  

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ weather, humidity, & inflammation.’ is closed to new replies.