Home Forums General Discussion wait; can you gain weight?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    raindrops
    Participant

Hi all, I am doing incredible on AP..Started in March. My Doctor ( who does not support AP) can not believe my recovery. I have however gained 12 pounds since starting AP. I have not made any major change to my diet. Can AP cause weigt gain? I gained 50 pounds my first 3 months on Pred. ( I have been on Pred almost 3 years)I hope to start getting off the pred in September. I am on 100mg of doxy each day. Also, I am walking 1 1/2 miles every day! I feel great, just way over weight. many thanks, Rain

awesomemb
    Participant

I have wanted to gain weight for years. Always so skinny. I have been on Mino for 6 months. I have maybe gained a pound. I do have a little more muscle. Best regards, MB

DAR
    Participant

Hi Raindrops

I have just the opposite happening to me I have lost 34 pounds since last November I still eat the same but just don't gain weight, I take doxy 100mg twice a day.

Dar:)

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Hi Raindrops,

You sound like me.  Things that cause others to drop weight just cause me to gain weight.

However, I didn't gain when I started the AP.  Changing your diet to a healthier, low fat diet not only will help you shed the weight, but it is proven to help reduce the inflammation of RA.  The inflammation is what causes the joint damage and ultimately, heart disease.

I'm going to make a separate post about food.  I'm listing bonifide articles from arthritis foundation, arthritis today, etc.  Look for my post.

Susan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ wait; can you gain weight?’ is closed to new replies.