Home Forums General Discussion Vitamin D link to bowel cancer risk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Noel
    Participant

People who have more vitamin D in their blood are less likely to develop bowel cancer than those with low levels, researchers said on Friday.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=151834012

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Noel,

Thanks for posting and nice to see you again! How is everything going for you? Do hope you're well on your road back and look fwd to hearing an update. 🙂

Peace, Maz

Noel
    Participant

Hi Maz,

I?m doing ok thanks, you know two steps forward two back lol.

Been tweaking my abx for best effect over the past couple of Months trying to keep one step ahead of my ever evolving disease and been herxing a lot.

One year in on AP and the worst thing at the moment is very tender feet, but I?ve noted that it?s quite common and not confined to those with PR or RA.

Keep up the great work, there are many of us that really appreciate it.

I may not post much but I do lurk alot.

Kind regards,

Noel

anjoe
    Participant

I just got back from my visit with an AP doctor this past Friday. She told me to take 5,000 IC of vitamin D-3 daily. That is what she is taking also. My other doctor was having me take 50,000 IC in a weekly pill. I've read that D-3 is the type of vitamin D that can get low and is hard to detect on average blood tests. You have to ask your doctor to check your D-3 levels to make sure…..

Maz
    Keymaster

Noel, thanks for your reply and glad to hear you're still checking in now and again. 😉  The journey back can take a lot of time and patience, as no doubt you're discovering, to find the right mix of antibiotics and figuring out all the other pieces of the puzzle, but as long as you're moving fwd, even in tiny steps, then this is good…little improvements and tiny windows of seeing the light again…I've personally found that the longterm trend is what matters.

Take care, Noel, and thanks again!

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Noel – Glad you called by and are doing well!
    <span style="color: #000000]

the worst thing at the moment is very tender feet, but I?ve noted that it?s quite common and not confined to those with PR or RA.[/size”>

[/color] I have had a heel tenderness problem recently and found this really helpful site (link below). While they do sell orthotics, their explanations and exercises are podiatrist generated. I have done the plantar fascia exercises for the last couple of weeks and the achilles tendon stretches and, lo and behold, the tenderness has gone. You might want to take a look. Lynnie

http://www.heelpain.net.au/#Anchor-33869

[/color]

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Vitamin D link to bowel cancer risk’ is closed to new replies.