Home Forums General Discussion Vitamin C and Hyperpigmentation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    finsfan
    Participant

Hi All,

It's been mentioned before about the rare occurence of black and blue pigmentation when taking minocycline, and how taking Vitamin C helps to eliminate this effect.  Does anyone have a particular brand of Vitamin C they recommend (seems like there's hundreds out there), and when it should be taken?  Should it be taken the same time as the Mino, or later in the day, etc.

Thanks.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2020]finsfan[/user] wrote:

It's been mentioned before about the rare occurence of black and blue pigmentation when taking minocycline, and how taking Vitamin C helps to eliminate this effect.  Does anyone have a particular brand of Vitamin C they recommend (seems like there's hundreds out there), and when it should be taken?  Should it be taken the same time as the Mino, or later in the day, etc.

Hi Finsfan,

When I was on minocycline, I took a buffered (with Rosehips) Vit C (1000mg per day with food). Vit C is ascorbic acid and quite acidic, so it can be hard on the stomach and best to get a buffered variety. As for brand, I wasn't too particular, though a good health food store should be able to point you in the right direction.

As Vit C should be taken with food (I took mine with dinner), if you take your mino well after your food, you won't be taking them together anyway. I always erred on the side of caution and kept all my supps a good 2 hours well away from my mino, so as not to interfere in any way with its action.

Hope this helps?

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Vitamin C and Hyperpigmentation’ is closed to new replies.