Home Forums General Discussion Vaginal Yeast and Yucky Tonge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    goldengate99
    Participant

Hi,

I started AP a few weeks ago. I am currently taking 50mg of Minocycline twice a day, on MWF. I feel generally good.

BUT, since i have started I have had two raging vaginal yeast infections and I now notice that my tongue is horrible and fuzzy. I never used to have a yucky tongue.

Along with my RA issues, I believe I also have Sjodrens as I have been suffering from dry eyes, mouth and netherregions recently.

I am taking probiotics daily. I take Nature's Way Primadophilus Bifidus, Whole Foods brand Probiotic Complex and Jarrow Formulas Saccharromyces Boulardii + MOS.

What should I do? Should I email my Rheumatologist and ask for diflucan?? I am concerned.

Merla
    Participant

Hi,

I've been on diflucan for almost a year now and I have my liver and kidneys tested regualarly. I am at a point now where I will begin taping off the diflucan.

I was also on a strict yeast control diet the first month and I always try to eat a diet that is not yeast friendly.

If you choose to do the diflucan make sure you get regular liver tests.

John McDonald
    Participant

This doesn't seem applicable to everyone, but in Sept 2005 I acquired a yeast problem in my GI tract and a single dose of diflucan cleared it. I got considerable relief within a few hours and all was better within a few days. But I have noticed that some people seem to prefer or need a longer term anti-fungal approach.

DianeWI
    Participant

I need to work at the yeast problem.  My greatest friend is Nystatin Topical Powder.  I use it on rashes that suddenly appear and on my bottom.  I use Diflucan about  twice a week.  As of late, I have been using the MMS and I brush my tongue with the mixture.  It doesn't taste to great however.  But it helps.

Probiotics helps.  Its good to get a variety of the acidophalus products and rotate them once in a while. 

About once a month, I get sores on the corner of my mouth.  It cracks deeply and it hurts.  I have found that the Nystatin Topical Powder gets rid of that too.

I really wish that there were topical powders for yeast that didn't need prescriptions.  I don't see why Nystatin Topical Powder should need to be prescribed, especially since many of the yeast creams are now over-the-counter products.

Diane/WI

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Vaginal Yeast and Yucky Tonge’ is closed to new replies.