Home Forums General Discussion uti infection.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Maz
    Keymaster

[user=2256]Carrie-RA[/user] wrote:

HI, no I seeing a standard Rhemy who doesn't believe in AT. The antibiotic I'm taking is Nitrofur-Macr 100mg 2x day, although today is my last day. I guess I need to find an AT doc to help me with this.

Carrie, here is an article on Wiki about Nitrofurantoin, which is a bacteriocidal used again UTIs caused by e-coli. It has no action against proteus infections, so seems more than likely you are hitting e-coli with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrofurantoin

It has a few nasty side-effects (including stomach bleeding) so probably not a good idea to be taking this longterm. A good AP doc would be able to prescribe a different, more tolerable bacteriocidal abx that could be taken for a longer period of time.

If you need an AP physician list, then let us know and one of the volunteers would be happy to send one to you. VA has a healthy number of AP docs, including a lady rheumy who also happens to be Lyme Literate (though she has a bit of a wait-list).

Peace, Maz

Carrie-RA
    Participant

Hi, I'm back.

Had subsequent test for UTI, and it is not PM. Now on a different antibotic (Cipro). Guess I have to stop my Minocin yet again…seems like I everytime I get started with the MIRA protocol, I have to stop. I hope it's not related.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ uti infection.’ is closed to new replies.