Home Forums Personal History and Progress Threads Update from Liverpool, England

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    franktcg
    Participant

Hello all,
    09 November 2012

Almost 12 months since I last posted.
    Still on the Acnamino 100mg, Mon-Fri.
    Still on the probiotics to keep things stable in the gut.
    Not taken an anti-inflammatory for 16 months
    C-Reactive Protein blood test result now below 3 (my GP says 10 and below is considered normal, was 19 at one point)
    RA remains under good control but, for reasons I’d love to know, hasn’t gone completely
    I remain in good health overall
    I remain eternally grateful to this site for the knowledge it gave me and to its volunteers and members for their terrific support
    I am a lucky boy and I know it 🙂

Good luck and keep the faith, Frank

Hi fellow Roadbacker’s,
    UPDATE AS AT 21.12.2011

Following on from my update back in March this year, the blood tests, irritatingly, showed that my inflammation levels had gone up even though I was feeling a lot better and had reduced the anti-inflamm’s. Determined to understand this, I emailed the makers of my anti-inflamms to check whether my reduced intake would have a negative impact on my blood markers and they confirmed this to be true. So, at least I had an answer.

Anyway, the position I am now in is that I continue to take Acnamino, 500mg – 5 days a week and have been off the anti-inflamm’s since August. Not a single one. One change I have made, and should have made far earlier than I did, was to start taking a decent pro-biotic. This has made a big difference to my gut health and general well-being.

Best of luck to you all. Keep the faith.

March 2011
    It’s been a long time since I posted so thought I would give you an update.

Had psoriatic arthritis since 2005, Managed through regular exercise occassional painkilers until Sep 2009
    Major flare in Sep 2009, went onto 1000mg on Naproxen (anti-inflammatory) each day
    Started on Acnamino in Jan 2010 (100mg MWF) – still on 1000mg Naproxen each day
    May 2010 started getting some improvement in joint pain, blood markers reduced by 33% – still on 1000mg Naproxen each day
    Jun-early August 2010 substantial improvement in joint pain, cut down Naproxen to 500mg per day for about 5 weeks
    mid-late August 2010 got cocky and stopped taking the Acnamino
    Sep 2010 major flare, back to square one. Spoke to my AP doctor and he suggested upping Acnamino to 100mg Mon-Fri – back on 100mg Naproxen per day
    Nov 2010 started improving again, slowly but surely – still on 1000mg Naproxen
    Dec 2010 still improving, back down to 500mg Naproxen per day
    Jan 2011 still improving, now down to 500mg Naproxen every 2 days
    Mar 2011 still improving, have only had 1500mg Naproxen in 8 days…….going for blood tests later this week. Will be very interesting to see the results. The inflammation has reduced dramatically in the last 8 weeks and long may it continue…..

Having seen improvement during my first attempt with Acnamino, followed by serious regression when I stopped, followed by significant improvements when I started again, I am utterly convinced of the efficacy of this treatment. During this time I have not changed my exercise routines or diet or drinking habits yet, here I am, 15 months on in a totally different place to where I was in the dark days back in Jan 2010. My target is to get off the Naproxen altogether. If I can do this and keep off it for, say, 6 months (accepting I will have to stay on the Acnamino), then I will be as “cured” as I am going to be (and, Lynnie, I promise I will then write my testimonial!)

The potted history of my road back probably reads as straightforward and uneventful. However, do not be fooled. Like many of the people who have posted on this site, the despair, frustration, anger and hopelessness were ever-present for me over many, many months. During those days the slightest improvement felt like a lottery win.

Anyway, that’s where I am up to. As ever, I am, and will always be, eternally grateful to Maz and Lynnie and all the other Roadbackers for their support, advice and encouragement. God bless you all and for any doubters out there, keep the faith, this treatment works.

Best wishes to you all, Frank 😛

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.