Home Forums General Discussion Unable to get personal messages to work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

Could someone from the board please help me with the problem I am having with sending and receiving personal messages. No matter what I do I can't get any and none go through. Any help is appreciated.

thank you.

Patti

JBJBJB
    Participant

Patti,

I just PMed to another member and it worked for me. Please try to use refresh button of the window after you open your message box (before you type any message). Hope it will work for you.  JB

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Patti,

Someone else was experiencing this problem a while back. Assuming you're signed in when attempting to jot a PM, this is probably a problem that John McD would be best able to help you with. Sorry not to be much help, but I'm not very fluent in troubleshooting the software issues.

Really sorry to hear you're at risk for flood…you need this like a hole in the head, right now. What's going on in WI to cause this? Have you been having torrential rain storms or something else? You'll be in my thoughts for this and just hoping you manage to escape the worst. :doh:

Peace, Maz xo

Admin

Patti – your username had punctuation and symbols in it and that seemed to mess up the PM function.  I reckon the programmer should have considered that and either not permitted punctuation or else made the PM work with it, but he or she did not.

I edited your username so that you are now Patti D and I emailed a fashionable new password to you to go with the new username.

Enjoy

Patti D
    Participant

Thanks Maz,

I will probably not be checking the board much as we are a bit busy with water right now:shock::shock::shock::(

Thank you for your concern. As of this morning the water was lapping outside the door. We have water right now on three sides(not normally) We had over 13 inches of rain in 3 days so much of our area is flooded but of course if your home is on water, it's a different situation. This is our cottage not regular home but we have the luxury of the lake being only 12 miles from our real home. This is where we plan on retiring, someday.

So my husband and I decided to make the best of it and do our Christmas cards:roll-laugh: with the typical lake picture. NOT:doh: He was in the kayak and me with my jeans rolled up above my knees standing right outside our house now surrounded by water. Our family will love this card:shock:

The joints are really giving me grief but honestly, I am thinking this is definitely stress induced. Of course moving furniture didn't help but hey, things could always be worse. We had a damn break on the Wisconsin River. A very beautiful lake in our main tourist area for Wisconsin has virtually been drained of all of it's water and many homes went into the river/lake. Google it on the weather channel. It is really aweful.

Well stay healthy. Hey I just thought of something really positive. I wonder how many ticks drowned in the big flood:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Happy days!

Patti D

Maz
    Keymaster

Cripes, Patti, to say we live in the same country, I had no idea this was going on in your part of the world. Maybe it was on the news, but I tend not to watch too much tv….if I do, I get hooked into too many reality shows, like Idol and Survivor! :roll-laugh: At least those seasons have ended now.

Can't believe you're going through this right now and really hope the waters recede and your cottage is spared. Maybe you'll have to think about raising it on stilts like they do down south for when you retire. 😯 The weather is so whacky and changing constantly at the moment, everywhere. Here in CT, we've having a pretty awful heatwave with temps and humidity reaching near the 100fs. Our AC isn't working (of course…Murphy's Law!), so am going to be sleeping in the basement with the girls while my hubby is away with work. Sure puts things in perspective, though, to hear of your flood problems.

Take care of yourself and those achey joints and will envision those ticks being washed well away from your area!!!!!!

You're in my thoughts and, when things ease up, please come back to check in so we know how you're doing.

Peace, as always, Maz 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Unable to get personal messages to work’ is closed to new replies.