Home Forums General Discussion ugh, hot probiotics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

I FINALLY found a probiotic that works for me, Perque's Digesta Guard.  Yay!

So I ordered some more.

The first time I ordered them they came to my door during the evening.

This time they were left in my mailbox at some time during the work day, probably 11 am.  I wasn't able to get them out of there till 6 pm.

It was in the low 90s today.

Sigh.

They're supposed to be ok @ room temperature for a month.  I hope a few hours in 90 degree heat won't do them in…

Any thoughts?  Ok if there are none, I'm just venting a bit. 

Parisa
    Participant

Marie,

There were some posts I think on Lymenet regarding whether or not the probiotic strains were active or not.  Someone tested them by putting a small amount of milk and the probiotic (they opened the capsules) and seeing if it would make yogurt.  I've never tried it as my husband does well on the mix he takes but if it did make yogurt at least you would know it was good.  On the other hand, if it didn't make yogurt it might just be your yogurt making abilities.

sierrra
    Participant

I packed some probiotics in my suitcase for a trip to Hawaii once, and when I  opened the bottle, I could smell that the capsules had been exposed to heat. Stinky!

Sierra

Marie
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

On the other hand, if it didn't make yogurt it might just be your yogurt making abilities.

😉 might have to give those yogurt making abilities a try!  Which would mean buying milk, b/c I'm dairy free, lol! 

I called the manufacturer and they said they thought it would be ok.  They say they'll be effective if left @ room temperature for a month and that the six hours shouldn't hurt them. 

Thanks for the yogurt test info!  We are a resourceful bunch.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ ugh, hot probiotics’ is closed to new replies.