Home Forums General Discussion Twitching and jerking when tired

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kash
    Participant

When I get tired -anytime of the day and I lay down to sleep my body twitches and or jerks. They are not minor little movements. The other thing is I get a weird feeling, almost like a panic feeling inside, before they happen.

Anyone else experience this?

orchid
    Participant

If it's only happening before bed, it's just the muscles relaxing – I've had this before. Usually nothing to worry about although it can be kind of scary/annoying. If you have panic as well – it's possible you have some anxiety which can also cause all kinds of weird symptoms. I've experienced it all, it seems! Try taking magnesium (either in powder form or pill) – it really helps a lot particularly with twitching and nervousness.

Valsmum
    Participant

I agree with Orchid, I think it might be muscles trying to relax. My legs do the same thing when I am going to sleep. I notice my husband's legs twitch when he is falling asleep too and he is healthy, so I just figured it's pretty normal.  The anxious feeling could be the fact that you are in pain. I read someone's post here at TRBF that when you have chronic pain it tends to make you feel a little anxious. It kind of made sense to me. Talk to someone you can trust about it too, we all need support.Take care 🙂

nord
    Participant

Hello Kash!

Sorry to have a companion in this (read aboout your headaches and have a lot of similar experience for a couple of years). Well-known issues of both Lyme and other chronic infection hitting the CNS, regrettably. On the flip side, my symptoms have improved a lot since starting CAP for Cpn and Lyme three weeks ago. So it looks like you experinece herxing, while I seem to have had quick improvement, I hope your course follow suit soon.

This written possibly in pre-Tinidazole-pulsing-hubris (I may experience a lot more worsening, have only had some very minor joint/muscle worsening so far).

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Agree that magnesium may well be the key here. You might want to try it topically in cream or oil form as too much orally can cause diarrhea. Have a look at this thread from a wehile back. http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=4077&forum_id=1&highlight=restless+legs and if you type 'restless legs' into the search box above other posts on this topic will come up. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I also have fibromyalgia and occasional jerking is part of that.  Don't know if that is related to what you are experiencing.

Trudi
    Participant

[user=2011]Kash[/user] wrote:

The other thing is I get a weird feeling, almost like a panic feeling inside, before they happen.

Anyone else experience this?

I had this for quite some time.  Found it happened more when I would fall asleep laying on my back.  I really believe it had something to do with my airway.  I now lay on either my right or left side and don't experience this anymore.  It is a weird feeling!!

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

kerry23
    Participant

Me too, have slight twitching in extremities, seems to always be at night before sleep.  It is not the normal (sleep jerking) it is definately due to the Fibro (I have that too)  I take klonopin for anxiety and sleep and it seems to help, I also get clicking in my ears now.  I just chalk it up as another symptom.  Weather is getting colder and symptoms are worsening.  Trying to be positive, being negative will get you nowhere.  Going to see Dr. B. in Rhinebeck NY, hopefully he will start me on AP. I have been waiting for treatment for 4 months.  I think thats a long time to wait as this darn thing is progressing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Twitching and jerking when tired’ is closed to new replies.