Home Forums General Discussion Trouble logging in

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    charli
    Participant

Does anyone know why I have trouble logging in from my home computer?  I can log in from work fine.  I have tried the link to reset cookies and it still won't allow me to log in.

A Friend
    Participant

[user=1799]charli[/user] wrote:

Does anyone know why I have trouble logging in from my home computer?  I can log in from work fine.  I have tried the link to reset cookies and it still won't allow me to log in.

Charli,

Since Windows Internet Explorer IE7 or 8… forgotten the last one… I've had problems occasionally. 

Since I went into Tools, then clicked on Internet Options at bottom of list, and then under Browsing Options I unchecked this to NOT delete on exit, this has quit happening.  However, I'm thinking this may make my computer more vulnerable, but I have a good anti-virus program.  (I believe these settings were possibly changed, either with the new IE version or a family member doing maintenance steps on our computer changed a setting.  (I believe I also read that if this is causing the problem, if I'd click a web site (i.e. when I've been able to read & send msgs on RBF BB) and then designate RBF BB in the “Favorites”, then it would not keep shutting me out.  And something has worked.  (knock on wood) 

I only like my computer when all is going well… I'm not a very good customer engineer!

AF

charli
    Participant

A Friend,

Thanks for your reply!  I tried adjusting my internet settings and still can't log in.  Do you think I should contact my internet service provider?  Any computer whizzes out there???

Thanks,

Charli

BeatingRA
    Participant

Hi Charli,

are you getting an error message when you log in from home?  If so, can you post it here?

Theresa

A Friend
    Participant

Charli,

I also added RBF BB to my Favorites and well as changing the Internet Options to not delete cookies on exit …. suggested in something I read. 

Before I did the two things I shared in a post up above, I was having to sign in with my password each time I tried to reply to a message.  Prior to this happening, it had never happened before. 

In my case, I believe it has something to do with updates  from either Windows or Norton… or both. 

I'm still not getting any messages, but I am able to access RBF BB without having to sign in and give my password. 

Am missing those message notifications though. 

Your Internet Provider may be able to help you… or Windows or your virus protection.

AF

charli
    Participant

Hey A Friend!

I'm able to log in from home now!!  I called my internet service provider and he said it was probably a security issue. So I was messing around with my security options and changed my fire wall protection to a lower security and it worked!:D  Now I can really start bugging people around here!!  Thanks for your help!

Charli

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Trouble logging in’ is closed to new replies.