Home Forums General Discussion Tried something new today — laser acupuncture

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bonnielou
    Keymaster

Does anyone know anything about it? My acupuncturist, who works out of the Integrative Medicine department at a respected, suburban Chicago hospital, was trained recently on using cold laser therapy for acupuncture. The hospital had the laser donated by an RA patient who had good results from laser acupuncture. The practitioner can get deeper into the joint with the laser than with the traditional acupuncture needles.

It didn't hurt at all (the needles don't hurt either, except for a tiny prick when they are first inserted). Anyone have any knowledge or experience they can share? My hand feels a little better — but I am afraid it is just 'wishful' thinking …

Bonnie Lou

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Merla
    Participant

[user=61]bonnielou[/user] wrote:

Does anyone know anything about it? My acupuncturist, who works out of the Integrative Medicine department at a respected, suburban Chicago hospital, was trained recently on using cold laser therapy for acupuncture. The hospital had the laser donated by an RA patient who had good results from laser acupuncture. The practitioner can get deeper into the joint with the laser than with the traditional acupuncture needles.

It didn't hurt at all (the needles don't hurt either, except for a tiny prick when they are first inserted). Anyone have any knowledge or experience they can share? My hand feels a little better — but I am afraid it is just 'wishful' thinking …

Bonnie Lou

Hi

I went through some treatments called “SRT” Sensitivity Reduction Technique that used a combination of accupuncture and kinesiology. The treatments helped me make great progress for a certain period of time. They told me that they use a laser instead of needles for children. I think if you feel some improvement it's real.

Merla

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi BonnieLou,

There's a been a flurry of research into the use of laser therapy to destroy viruses and bacteria in the body without destroying local tissue. Sounds like you may have found a nice variation on this therapy? 🙂

Laser Blasts Viruses In Blood
    ScienceDaily (Sep. 5, 2007)
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070904142918.htm

Laser Used To Help Fight Root Canal Bacteria
    ScienceDaily (Jul. 13, 2007)
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/07/070712134603.htm

Laser treatment 'could kill HIV'
    Tuesday, 6 November 2007, 07:25 GMT
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7071750.stm

Peace, Maz

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Wow Maz, that is really interesting reading — thanks. I don't really know if this will make any difference, but it sounds promising. Time will tell ….

Bonnie Lou

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

lvento27
    Participant

Hi Maz,
    I am so happy that you are feeling better. That's great to hear. This article is very interesting. Have you ever heard of oxidation therapy to kill viruses and bacteria in the blood?
    Lisa

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

I wondered if what you were describing was another name for hyperbaric oxygen therapy, but when I did a quick search came up with this:

http://oxidation-therapy.com/

Is this what you mean? If so…it's new to me, but looks quite interesting. Have you tried it or just looking into it?

Hope you are doing well!

Peace, Maz

lvento27
    Participant

I am doing well but I am having stomach issues so I have been thinking about alternatives in addition to ap. Yes that is the one I am thinking about.It is supposed to kill all microorganisms in the blood.
    Always nice to speak to you
    Lisa

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks, Lisa! If you go on to try this therapy, please let us know how you do on it. It's always good to get insights into adjunct therapies. I love BonnieLou's and Susan's posts, as they are always filled with tremendous ideas for boosting their progress.

So sorry to hear you're still having stomach issues. Have you tried doing any searches on the old BB about this? There's a wealth of info there on so many subjects that something there may help to provide you with some answers.

Here is the direct link to the old board:

https://www.roadback.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index.cgi?board=Main

Just click on “(search)” and a window will appear where you can type in key words, like “Stomach problems” or “Nausea,” etc. Then all the posts with those words in them will appear for you to read through.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Tried something new today — laser acupuncture’ is closed to new replies.