Home Forums General Discussion treatment problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mark
    Participant

Ten years ago I successfully treated psoriatic arthritis with minocycline. I was able to discontinue medication for about 7 years .My arthritis is back however it has changed a bit (I have been diagnosed again) specific joint pain and swelling is not as sever but my energy level is really low and I have flu like feeling all over .My old rheumatologist has moved out of the country my new rheumatologist is not familiar with ups and downs of this treatment. I started treatment in January this year taking minocycline twice a day every second day plus and anti inflammatory plus stomach pill to protect from anti inflammatory pill plus robaxicet for sore back and vit. D .  My family doctor put me on everything but the minocycline . at end of  march liver enzyines elevated (alt 67 but cpr was at 3 and sed rate at 7 ) family doctor told me to stop all meds until liver was normal and I seen my rheumatologist ..May 1( alt back to 41 but crp 13 and sed rate 12)  I started back on ab  only  every day twice daily with nothing else .By the end of may my blood results where alt 35  crp 23 inflammation levels seem to be  rising and I feel like crap  . I took the ab every day because original ten years ago this is how it was prescribe to me with arthrotec an anti inflammatory in two and a half months I  was symptom free . I am frustrated at this point should I be taking the minocycline with an anti inflammatory and should I take this  every other day or m-w-f. (dosage is 100mg twice daily)

Goodwife
    Participant

To help with the inflammation, you could look into making some dietary changes – my hubby went to a naturopath who put him on a certain diet and various supplements (fish oils, etc.) for inflammation – he also took a powdered drink mix (mix w/water or juice) called Ultrainflammx, made by metagenics.  This was used once daily for months – eventually, probably because of a combination of things, his crp went down to normal.    Hope this info. helps.  Good Luck!

mark
    Participant

thanks for the imfo . ten years ago my sed rate and crp dropped as i took the treatment , indicating things where working ,when rates returned to normal , after about a month all symptoms where gone.monitoring blood work inflammation was a way of establishing effectiveness of treatment .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ treatment problems’ is closed to new replies.