Home Forums General Discussion Tracleer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Katarina
    Participant

I have a friend in Norway with Scleroderma. She is taking a medicine called Tracleer. Her doctors do not believe in the antibiotic treatment, but she wants to go to Boston to see Dr. Trentham and get on Minocyclin. Does anyone know if she has to come off the Tracleer before she starts AP?
    Katarina

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Hi Katarina,

Welcome to the Road Back!

As you already know, Tracleer is used to treat Pulmonary Hypertension.  My mom has just started Letairis for her Pulmonary Hypertension.  Minocycline is not contra-indicated for Letairis, and from what I can see, it is not for Tracleer either.  However, as in all things, it would be best to ask Dr T.

Blessings,
    Michelle

richie
    Participant

Hi-Tracleer is used to treat a symptom  of scleroderma while minocin is used to treat the underlying disease –they mix well –and it is no problem taking them –
    richie

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Katarina,

So nice to see you here – hope all is well with you. You may not remember, as it's been a while, but we spoke on the phone back in the fall. 🙂

Peace, Maz

Alli
    Participant

Hi Katarina,

I have been taking Tracleer and Cellcept since December 2007 for pulmonary hypertension.  I saw Dr. S. in November 2009 where I did a week of IV Clindamyacin and came home with oral minocycline 100 mg 2x/day.  He informed me that I should continue with all my existing medicines in addition to adding mino. 

Alli  

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Tracleer’ is closed to new replies.