Home Forums General Discussion Toxic Root Canal?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gnadec
    Participant

I went to a new Dr who is a D.O. He asked if I have any root canals (yes, one) and said I should have the removed altogether, because ALL root canals are toxic. He felt very strongly about this.

I asked him if I should have something put in it's place, and he curtly said “that's up to you!” I should've pressed him on the issue. Because I've heard that when a tooth is missing, the teeth can spread out, and the one that would've been chewing against the missing one, will grow longer?

He also felt strongly that I need to go to a holistic dentist, and there are none in my town, so I'd have to travel. Not too keen on that one.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this. 

I have an appt next week w/ a dentist I used to see that I liked well enough, (I'd gotten side tracked w/ another dentist who replaced my metal fillings because I got on a jag about that – but he's a major jerk and the crown he put on the root canal in January still hurts sometimes, but he's never touching me again.) So I'll see what my old dentist thinks about it. I'm not opposed to having it extracted, since it does hurt, but I am concerned about what, if anything to do with the empty space!

Thanks for any thoughts on the subject!!

Gina

ideamktg
    Keymaster

If you have it removed, your options would be to get a bridge or an implant, both expensive. I'd think about it carefully. What you said about the problems of leaving the empty space is true–you could invite new problems.

Sierra

casey
    Participant

Hi Gina,

My son had toxic root canals. If you go to the search bar and type in “root canals” you will find info from previous posts.

Casey

JBJBJB
    Participant

I had a root canal done in early 2006. I heard one could do oral chelation which could take care of the toxicins. I've never tried it. I also watched a Youtube. A female dentist had a bad Raynaud's for many years. After she was retired, she accidentally found this oral chelation method (oral nutrients they said) and her Raynaud's were disappeared and she felt better.

I still don't know what kind of oral nturients or (oral chelation) should be used. If you guys know about it, let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYskEqj8Tc

ideamktg
    Keymaster

[user=2347]Sierra1[/user] wrote:

If you have it removed, your options would be to get a bridge or an implant, both expensive. I'd think about it carefully. What you said about the problems of leaving the empty space is true–you could invite new problems.

Sierra

That said, I should add that I lived with a root canal that I now know was infected for about 4 years. (The dentist always dismissed my complaints of achiness and said the shadow on the X-ray was something normal.) Had it redone and the infection became acute. Had to have the tooth pulled. Replaced it with an implant. I doubt I'd ever get another root canal.

Sierra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Toxic Root Canal?’ is closed to new replies.