Home Forums General Discussion TOA-free Cat's Claw?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Todd WI
    Participant

For anyone keeping score, I just got my IGeneX test back and I've officially and rather reluctantly joined Club Lyme.  It's weird, but I'm having a hard time communicating this diagnosis with my family when I've not really had problems with these types of discussions before.  Not sure what's up with that.  So my doc has started me on a complicated Lyme protocol.  Whatever happened to the good old Dr. Brown days of pulsing a tetracycline and getting better?

Anyhow.  My doc asked if I knew or had read anything about TOA-free Cats' Claw.  Huh?  I'm more of a dog person.  It looks like (one of?) the brand name is Samento.  Anyone have any experiences with TOA-free Cat's Claw or Samento?

Thanks
    Todd

hopefulmama
    Participant

Hi Todd,

I think Trudi may know something about Samento… at least, I know that she has taken another herbal called Spiro that is reputed to be extremely effective for lyme.  I think my ND is going to get me started on TOA free Cats Claw when I have settled into the first part of my protocol, right now I'm doing Smilax and Teasel Root.

Welcome to club Lyme, and I do know a lot about what you mentioned with your family having trouble with the discussions about lyme.  I think the main thing is, everyone ultimately wants us to get well and stay well – so we just need to plunge ahead and not worry about what they think during the process of our healing.  My husband has a lot of ??? about the lyme diagnosis but right now he is sticking to the mantra “If you believe it will make you well, it will make you well” so he is supporting me despite his doubts.

Good luck!  Keep us in the loop, I am interested to hear about the Samento.  I think Dr. C used to use that a lot in his protocol, you might want to google his work.

A

Trudi
    Participant

[user=67]Todd WI[/user] wrote:

Anyone have any experiences with TOA-free Cat's Claw or Samento?

Hi Todd–

I've been out of town and just scrolled through the new posts.  I was on Cat's Claw for about 1 1/2 years.  My doctor feels it is one of the best supps to take for Lyme.  Mine was not TOA-free.  I don't have my book handy so can't quote from it directly, but Stephen Buhner (master herbalist), author of Healing Lyme, discusses the TOA-free and regular Cat's Claw argument.  He says you do not need the TOA-free, in fact he feels the regular works better.

I'm sorry you have joined the Lyme club :(.  Since you are in WI, I'm curious who your doctor is.  Since we can't mention names can you email the info?  I see Dr. M in Fond du Lac.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Todd WI
    Participant

Hi Trudi,

Thanks for the info.  I've PMed you about doctors.

Todd

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ TOA-free Cat's Claw?’ is closed to new replies.