Home Forums General Discussion Timing Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Devie
    Participant

Whats the consensus- should I get up early and eat breakfast and take a bunch of meds and vitamins and then 2 hours later take the mino – or- should I get up early, take the mino and then two hours later eat and take vits & meds????

Devie

John McDonald
    Participant

Devie – from the beginning I took my doxy, and later my mino, right along with my breakfast. I stopped taking vitamins about the same time. About 8 months later I had incontrovertable improvement. I just couldn't ever be bothered to use a “time window”. In fact that is partly why they developed Doxy and Mino. Their target market was teenage kids with acne, and they couldn't wait 4 hours to eat. So they made Doxy and Mino which are more food tolerant.

Finally, if you do take doxy or Mino with food you might lose about 12% of the abx molecules to combination with food. That didn't bother me, but if it did, I would have taken 12% more medicine. I've never appreciated the time window thing.

Devie
    Participant

Well here it is is – 5:30 AM and I just popped my first mino, all by its lonesome.  I am about to hop on the shower and start my day, hopefully without much nausea.

More later. I can now officially say- I am on AP for my RA.

Thanks to everyone!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Devie

Welcome to the AP Club! My new AP doc has just said to take one abx in the morning, one in the eve. She has not even mentioned a time window re food. I'd go with whatever you feel commfortable physically with. Best to you on this new road. Just have patience. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Timing Question’ is closed to new replies.