Home Forums General Discussion Timing of Meds – newbie nees help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    goldengate99
    Participant

I am having a hard time timing all of the stuff I have to take – I have to take Minocin twice a day, along with NSAID and Vitamins and supplements.  And I can't take them close to each other.

Does anyone with more expereince than me have the timetable all figured out?  I feel like i should pop a pill every couple of hours but I'm sure that there is an easier way?

thanks.

Todd WI
    Participant

You can absolutely drive yourself nuts with the timing, especially if you are trying to take the minocin on an empty stomach twice a day.  Eventually I think you will find that you just can't do it in a perfect manner and you need to find a workable schedule.

I take doxy with some food twice a day (the food helps avoid feeling nauseous), but avoid taking it with anything calcium rich (e.g. milk).  Then I take all my other stuff (probiotics  & supplements) at least a couple of hours after taking the doxy.   Its not perfect, but its workable.

If you really need the NSAIDS, you might need to reverse the order (i.e. other stuff first, then minocin a couple of hours after that).

Todd

Goodwife
    Participant

My hubby takes all his supplements in the am with breakfast, then mid morning, about 2 hrs later, takes the mino, then evening supplements w/dinner, then his evening mino about 2 hrs later, around 8  or 830 p.m.  this works quite well for him.  He doesn't take any NSAIDS, but if he did, would probably take around or with the supplements so that the mino is away from it. 

SusanSD
    Participant

I think everyone struggles with medication management schedule. I finally had to get a bigger pillbox and smaller pillbox so I could remember to take everything at certain times. I follow Goodwife's husband's routine but add in probiotics. The one I am currently on says take on an empty stomach. SO I try to remember to take it mid-afternoon, since you don't want to take it with antibiotics.

Serenity
    Participant

The only med I take on its own is minocycline, 1 around 8am, and the other about 13-14 hours later (I am not on a perfect 12 hour schedule with it – basically I just wait for 2 hours after dinner).

The rest (Vitamins, NSAID, probiotics) I take together or else stagger them throughout the work day.  I don't believe there is any issue with taking them together.

The only supplement I'm careful about is my calcium.  Your body is only able to absorb about so much at a time, so I take 1 pill in the late morning and the other in the late afternoon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Timing of Meds – newbie nees help’ is closed to new replies.