Home Forums General Discussion time for an update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Todd WI
    Participant

Hi All,

My head is spinning and throbbing.  I'm gasping for air and sweating profusely.  But this all good news, because I just got back from a 3 mile run. 

I started lifting weights again and personal records are back in sight.

And get this, I started playing guitar again.

[Full disclosure: My run was more of a jog.  I've never really lifted very heavy, so my personal records are actually quite modest, some might even call them embarrassing. And I'm a complete hack at the guitar (my wife thinks I play just to torture her).]

5 month on AP and I'm getting my life back. This AP stuff really works! Many thanks to all that have helped me along the way! 

Wishing you all good health!

Todd

wendi
    Participant

Awesome Todd.  I can't wait until i get to the same point.  Right now I am herxing and it's bitter sweet.:doh:

Wish you all the best.

Awesome

JeffN
    Participant

Feels sooo good doesn't it!!!

Goodwife
    Participant

Great news!  Best wishes for continued good health.

Maz
    Keymaster

Todd – your news just made my day and so inspiring for those just starting out….not to mention me, who is still on the up and down road!!!!!!!!:roll-laugh: Thanks so much for sharing and many congrats for sticking it out to get to remission. It takes a lot of courage, faith and perseverence and you did it!!!  I'm looking forward to the day when I can also do a bit of jogging or an eliptical workout as before. Slowly does it wins the race.

When/if you feel ready, would be great to add your story on the main website testimonial section!!!!

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Todd, you 'da man!!! 

What an uplifting post.  Thanks for making my day and I'm sure many others…kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic news Todd!!

Thanks so much for letting us know. It gives people so much heart to hear of people using AP right now who are having success.Would you mind just adding your diagnosis and length of time you've had your condition as well for those who dont know and may be new to the Board? Thanks and keep on runnin'! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Todd WI
    Participant

Thanks for all the support! I?ll eventually put up a testimonial, but for now I?m selfishly hoping things will get even better.  I wouldn?t say I?m in remission, but I?m getting there. I?m certainly a lot less limited by my disease than I was just a few short months ago.

Here?s a short version of my story to date.  I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in 1995.  So it?s fairly long standing but for the first 10 years or so it was not particularly severe, mostly affecting first digits of several fingers and toes.  I didn?t take much in the way of meds during the first 10 years, but I did have a few flares (usually ankles) for which I was prescribed Naproxen (prescription dose aleve).  The disease progressed in the last couple of years, and more often than not I was hobbling around due to either a swollen ankle or knee.  Limping, crutches, and crab-walking up and down stairs was quickly becoming my new norm. Aleve helped some, but it had became a maintenance drug and I was eating them like candy (obviously not good).

At the beginning of the year I was trying my best to walk on a daily basis. More often than not I was dragging a leg behind me as it hurt way too much to walk normally.  When crossing streets I was completely at the mercy of on-coming drivers. I literally couldn?t run to save my life.

Today I ran without any pain in my ankles or knees. I even can?t begin to tell you how good that felt, and I used to hate running. I haven?t touched the Aleve bottle in months.

Please don?t wake me, I?m really enjoying this dream.

Todd

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Whoo-hoo!!!:dude:

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ time for an update’ is closed to new replies.