Home Forums General Discussion Thyroid problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donna RA
    Participant

I've been taking 150mg daily of Armour thyroid.  Lately, I've been feeling as if I need to up the dosage. Christmas came, and I had a strange “shivering” event, probably result of lack of sleep and poor diet  Did some searching on the internet and found this interesting site concerning thyroid problems.  This Dr uses a different approach than I had ever read, which would seemingly rid a person of meds for their thyroid.  His protocol tries to remove the T4 from your body.  Hmm……  anyone out there using this method?

http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/

Happy New Year to everyone!

Donna RA

orchid
    Participant

I have hashimotos thyroiditis and your body needs T4 to convert into T3 (the usable form of thyroid hormone). Not sure what this guy is trying to do?

I don't take Armour (I take synthroid) but it seems to be better for people who have trouble converting T4 to T3. I don't seem to have that issue, so I've just stuck with the synthroid.

My normal temp is definitely lower than 98.6 – usually 97.6.

Just curious, what are your TSH, T4, T3 and antibody levels at?

Donna RA
    Participant

Hi Orchid,

According to this Dr your tests don't matter.  His belief is that T4 is not being converted properly (which doesn't show on any tests), and if you remove it by using his protocol which is T3, your temp will raise up, and many of your symtoms will go away.  His protocol is a cycling thing, so you first wean off of current thyroid meds, and begin his protocol.  I am reading the book now, which is available online free which explains the process along with his protocol.  Once I read the book, I do plan to discuss with my Dr, to see what he knows about this, and if we can give it a try.  I've never heard anything about this, and it's got me very curious and willing to give it a try. 

I will have to look up my numbers, haven't had them tested in a while.  Get back to you on that.

Interesting read.

Donna RA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Thyroid problems’ is closed to new replies.