Home Forums General Discussion Three year anniversary

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sierrra
    Participant

I've been on the generic minocycline for three years now. I had to stop and think last weekend when someone asked me how my health has been…I forget that I have rheumatoid arthritis! The only sign of it is one joint that is slightly enlarged–it is at the base of an index finger. If I eat wheat, dairy products or red meat it swells. If I stick to my diet it's hardly noticeable. I expect it to go away. I am grateful for my recovery and for the Road Back site, which has been a great support. I still check the board every day.

Sierra

MaryP
    Participant

Big congrats on your success!!!!

Donna RA
    Participant

Awesome Sierra, how nice to forgot you have RA, and awesome for us to hear it!!

Thanks for posting the great news.

Donna RA and Lyme

Christina V
    Participant

Hi Sierra,

I want to add my congratulations to you also.  This is just what all us RA'ers need to hear.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Kind thoughts, Christina

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1037]sierrra[/user] wrote:

I've been on the generic minocycline for three years now. I had to stop and think last weekend when someone asked me how my health has been…I forget that I have rheumatoid arthritis!

Wonderful news!  Continued success.  Can't wait until I can post “no pain, stiffness, or swelling”!!!!!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sierra,

congratulation to this good news. I am so glad for you the RA is in remession and it will stay that way.:D:D

Eva

Eva Holloway

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Good for you Sierra! And thanks for posting your update, always nice to read uplifting posts such as yours. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

You know we can't get enough good stories around here, Sierra.  I am so happy for you.  Also, thanks for the reminder on how the wrong diet = inflammation.

Enjoy feeling good. 🙂

kim

sierrra
    Participant

Thanks everybody! I should also mention that I had a strongly positive anti-CCP result, a predictor of severe disease with erosions. My mom has RA also, and has not used any meds. She is in very poor health, with extremely limited mobility and much deformity. So, considering my genetics and lab prediction, my stability seems even more remarkable.

Sierra

Hoping
    Participant

I am so happy for you 😀 Did your anti-CCP reading come down to the normal range?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ Three year anniversary’ is closed to new replies.