Home Forums General Discussion Thougts on Flu Shots – Swine Flu death RA underlying isssue

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,

I know what you mean about shot records. Being a dependent wife of a soldier, my yellow shot records was almost full by the time they stopped giving us all the vaccines.

My three kids also had many shots and I remember my oldest one running out of the building when the medic came to give him two more vacinations. :headbang:He had crawled underneath one of those buildings that sit on cinder blocks and some young skinny medic went after him.:roll-laugh:

Later on he went in the service and he had a lot of those shots again and again since he went to the far east for many years.

I wonder if my daughter, who has severe osteoarthritis, was over-vacinated? :crying:

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Meredith
    Participant

I'm a teacher and 3 children in my school are now confirmed Swine flu cases.  I just read the thread about the pregnant 34-yr-old woman in TX having RA. None of the kids are in my classes but I work with many kids who've had contact with the confirmed cases. I'm on Prednisone (6 mg) and 200mg Plaquenil.  Does anyone know if I should be worried?  Scratch that. I AM worried.  I've only got 6 days left of the school year and am wondering what to do. Does being on Prednisone make me more susceptible?  I'm thinking I ought to call my Rheumy and ask some questions.  I noticed someone said they were taking more zinc.  I'm assuming those EmergenC packets might also help?  Help!

Joe M
    Participant

I would also be concerned Meredith, but it is a good sign you haven't shown any signs of the flu yet.  Most of the Swine cases here in Iowa turn out to be milder than the “regular” flu, which kills 20,000 – 40,000 Americans every year, depending on whose statistics you believe.  So, while you are right to be concerned, don't stress too much – stress may increase your susceptibility.

Best wishes to you.

Meredith
    Participant

Thanks, Joe.  Good advice.  I'm trying not to be too stressed these last few days before I'm off for the summer.  Hoping to remain Swine-free until I can relax for a few months.

Kim
    Participant

Hang in there, Meredith.  There are germy people everywhere :doh: so just be diligent about washing your hands.

kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

There is so much media hype around this, because governments are concerned (rightly) about a possible pandemic. Scientists keep saying we are due for a pandemic, each new flu strain which appears is likely to be THE one. Trouble is, nobody knows WHICH one it will be. Almost all the cases of swine flu to date are extremely mild – milder than most annual flu strains. There are always – as Joe said – quite large numbers of people who die from whatever influenza viris is prevalent annually. It is simply the media attention which is instilling great fear in people this year. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Meredith
    Participant

Thanks, everyone.  This was my understanding about swine flu too, but I couldn't help but grow a little more concerned when I read this thread about the woman in TX. I suppose we could spend a lot of time worrying though.  Instead, I think I will just celebrate that I have SURVIVED my first year of teaching!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Way to go, Meredith:dude: Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘ Thougts on Flu Shots – Swine Flu death RA underlying isssue’ is closed to new replies.