Home Forums General Discussion there are many more AP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

I just had my regular 3 month appointment with my Rheumatologist.  He does believe in AP and did work with /under Dr Brown.   I asked him:

?how many did you treat with abx(exclusively)? his respond was “over the years hundreds? .

?how many currently on AP? respond was? around  50?

?how soon should one see –close to be in remission? respond ?1-2 years?

?how many did reach the remission? respond was ?many but not all?

?when do you suggest to go to biologics for me-(6mo on AP)? respond ?only if it gets worse from now on in the amount of inflammation, amount of joints involved ?..  As long as there improvement there is no need for biologics.?

I notice that there is only couple people from my area on this site and there are so many that are in remission from his words, so there is MUCH bigger percentages of ?people in remission? then what we have seen on this site, and it?s only in my area. I don?t know about you but that boosted my spirits.

just wanted to share this…

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=786]Anna[/user] wrote:

I notice that there is only couple people from my area on this site and there are so many that are in remission from his words, so there is MUCH bigger percentages of ?people in remission? then what we have seen on this site, and it?s only in my area. I don?t know about you but that boosted my spirits.

just wanted to share this…

Anna, really glad you did share this – thank you! I really giggled that you gave your doc the third degree. I have done the same with my doc, so I guess I saw a mirror there. :roll-laugh:

The thing about the support forum is that the people who do go on to get well after participating here, no longer need support nor have time to frequent the support forum, because they're back into life and enjoying things. That's why we're just so grateful when old-timers come back to share in their success and kindly take the time to write their testimonials for the main site, because for those in the early stages of the journey, it really helps to hear from those who have gone on before us. It's another reason why we've started including updates on remission stories in the RBF quarterly eBulletin, so everyone can meet (and see a picture) people who have been in longterm remission from AP. Testimonials on the main site age and we all wonder what happened to those folk and if they are still okay. These sorts of stories are so important.

So, if you all get to remission and go off to enjoy life, please come back here every once and a while and please, please, please, send us your testimonial for the website or contact me so I can put your remission update in the eBulletin!!! 😀

Hope you are doing well, Anna, and still on the up and up!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ there are many more AP’ is closed to new replies.