Home Forums General Discussion therapy with clindamycin only

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

even a single dose of minocycline ( mixing pill with food!!!) gave me bad stomach pain for weeks ๐Ÿ™„

How much food? And did you also take the doxycycline with food?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi Having such a bad reaction to antibiotics is certainly problematical -A square peg cant be forced into a round hole -the antibiotic protocol like any protocol is not a universal approach -this approach may well not be for you !!
    richie

flower
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi I really think you have to consult with an experienced doctor if you want to pursue an antibiotic therapy –Dr Browns protocol called for ivs first then oral –C-Diff is a severe gastro disorder caused by antibiotics –I have serious questions about long term ivs ––I am sure not a doctor -neither is anyone else here and it seems like you have a definite problem that requires a very experienced doctor —
    Richie

In my case the antibitic therapy would not be for a long time and I’ve read here on the forum very encouraging experiences of cases of psoriatic arthritis who responded very well right from the first round of clindamycin IV

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

I tried mino also with anti acid and anti reflux drugs but not worked for me!

Did you try Solodyn (extended-release minocycline)? I seem to recall that you did, but maybe I am thinking of another person.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

flower
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi Having such a bad reaction to antibiotics is certainly problematical -A square peg cant be forced into a round hole -the antibiotic protocol like any protocol is not a universal approach -this approach may well not be for you !!
    richie

Hi Richie yes is very problematic for me but probably beginning the protocol – in July 2013 – is initiated with doses not right for me… in the book of Dr. Brown was in special cases also use very small doses pulsate even 25 mg per month…

Discomforts and symptoms of psoriatic arthritis immediately respond to therapy and as the tendinitis has disappeared almost completely :geek:

the symptom instead remains is the terrible stiffness in his right knee that is blocked for almost three years and that makes me unable to walk
    really sad about it ๐Ÿ™„

antibiotic therapy leads me always still benefits because even the cycle made after tonsillectomy has improved the status of the knee โ—

although already had symptoms of the disease, the knee began to swell and give me pain after a bad gastroenteritis in october 2012 ๐Ÿ™

flower
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

I tried mino also with anti acid and anti reflux drugs but not worked for me!

Did you try Solodyn (extended-release minocycline)? I seem to recall that you did, but maybe I am thinking of another person.

Phil

Phil I tried minocycline pellet filled but I don’t know Solodyn :geek: :geek: very interesting …thanks for the suggestion!

but the big problem is to buy it from Italy ๐Ÿ™„

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

There are other antibiotics that you may want to consider:

azithromycin
    doxycycline calcium syrup
    erythromycin
    roxithromycin

Doxycycline calcium syrup is a liquid form of doxycycline that I believe may be easier for you to tolerate.

Azithromycin has a long half-life, and because of that it does not need to be taken every day (a common dose is 250 mg on MWF). As a consequence, it might possibly be easier for the bowels to tolerate than an antibiotic that is taken every day.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.