Home Forums General Discussion therapy with clindamycin only

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    flower
    Participant

are there cases that do not tolerate oral antibiotics and are forced to do injection or IV therapy?

I think I’m one of those cases, and we are evaluating if I can only do IV clindamycin πŸ™„

alternatively doctor tells me to try with 25 mg of minocycline pellet ❗

someone has same experience?

thank you in advance πŸ™„

richie
    Participant

HI By not tolerating do you mean nausea etc –how about mixing it in food –its not the best way but better than nothing —
    Richie

flower
    Participant

Hi Richie

unfortunately not only nausea but pain and reflux pain … even a single dose of minocycline ( mixing pill with food!!!) gave me bad stomach pain for weeks πŸ™„

I tried mino also with anti acid and anti reflux drugs but not worked for me!

with clarithromycin instead no problem for the stomach but then I had a bad colitis

I do not tolerate oral antibiotics πŸ™„

richie
    Participant

Hi Clindymycin ivs are usually given as a jumpstart to the antibiotic protocol for one week then oral antibiotics are given –I am not aware of clindy iv alone can be used as a protocol –C Diff is strongly indicated with prolonged ivs of clindy –Intra muscular injections of minocycline can also present many problems —In fact it sounds like you are prone to C-Diff with oral antibiotics –think you need a very experienced doctor to help you !!!
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

unfortunately not only nausea but pain and reflux pain … even a single dose of minocycline ( mixing pill with food!!!) gave me bad stomach pain for weeks πŸ™„

Did you try doxycycline?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

flower
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi Clindymycin ivs are usually given as a jumpstart to the antibiotic protocol for one week then oral antibiotics are given –I am not aware of clindy iv alone can be used as a protocol –C Diff is strongly indicated with prolonged ivs of clindy –Intra muscular injections of minocycline can also present many problems —In fact it sounds like you are prone to C-Diff with oral antibiotics –think you need a very experienced doctor to help you !!!
    richie

Hi Richie πŸ™‚

in Dr. Brown’s book I think I read that in the case of patients who can not tolerate oral therapy replaced it with the IV πŸ™„

so sorry but I don’t understand what it is “C-Diff ” πŸ™„ πŸ™„

in May I had tonsillectomy and I did glazidim for two weeks in injection :geek:

flower
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

Did you try doxycycline?

Phil

Hi Phil πŸ™‚

Yes I tried also doxycycline but don’t tolerate πŸ™„

richie
    Participant

Hi I really think you have to consult with an experienced doctor if you want to pursue an antibiotic therapy –Dr Browns protocol called for ivs first then oral –C-Diff is a severe gastro disorder caused by antibiotics –I have serious questions about long term ivs —I am sure not a doctor -neither is anyone else here and it seems like you have a definite problem that requires a very experienced doctor —
    Richie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

with clarithromycin instead no problem for the stomach but then I had a bad colitis

What was your dose of clarithromycin, and how long did you take it?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi flower
    “C Diff” is a shortening of the full name Clostridium Difficile Colitis – a gastro-intestinal bacteria that can arise when taking certain antibiotics and which can cause severe diarrhea and stomach cramps. You can read more at this link

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/clostridium-difficile-colitis-overview

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

I suspect that maybe you were not taking a probiotic or, if you were, you were not taking enough (or perhaps not a good product). Were you taking a probiotic?

Phil

- Albert Einstein

flower
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

What was your dose of clarithromycin, and how long did you take it?

Phil

@ Phil

My clarithromycin’s dose was 250 mg in the morning + 250 mg in the evening and I I took it for three months then

constipation and colitis …I took probiotics and many other supplements but I think that antibiotics have caused colitis πŸ™„

flower
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi,
    @flower wrote:

I suspect that maybe you were not taking a probiotic or, if you were, you were not taking enough (or perhaps not a good product). Were you taking a probiotic?

Phil

yes I was taking probiotics …this product http://www.guna.it/symbiolact-plus-30 and others to diversify

flower
    Participant

@lynnie_sydney wrote:

Hi flower
    “C Diff” is a shortening of the full name Clostridium Difficile Colitis – a gastro-intestinal bacteria that can arise when taking certain antibiotics and which can cause severe diarrhea and stomach cramps. You can read more at this link

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/clostridium-difficile-colitis-overview

thank you Lynnie :geek:

flower
    Participant

@richie wrote:

–C Diff is strongly indicated with prolonged ivs of clindy — —In fact it sounds like you are prone to C-Diff with oral antibiotics –think you need a very experienced doctor to help you !!!
    richie

Hi Richie

yes from how I reacted to oral antibiotics seems like I am prone to Clostridium with oral therapy πŸ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.