Home Forums General Discussion The start of ta ll????

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I have a question…is it possible to determine what startesd this all?  For example before I got sick I had wisdom teeth pulled )therewas a problem with it) then I wen on to start experiencing shortness of breath in 04 fllowed ny a resp tract infect that was dignosed as pneumonia (yet there was no testing dne such as xays to support the diagnosis) I was given an injection of penicillen and countless short term high doses of antibiotics that I got very sick from so m dr wouold switch me to something else before i finished the dose. Could I have had a mycoplasma infection from either my wisdom teeth or the pnuemonia that was n't kiddled off properly due to the jumpong form antibiotic to anticiotic without finishing the course? I was also given steroids iwth the pnuemonia and ended up in the ER with a reaction, and then was diagnosed with Mitral valve prolapse by aother “gem” of a primary physician lol so I was given amoxicillan (HUUUGE  amounts in a 24 hr period) before dental work I think tht this went on for 2 years then on m moms recommendatio nI went to see a cardiologist who did a whole cardiac work up on me inluding a 24 hr holter stud He determined that I most likely didbn't have MVP and if  Idid it was so minute that treating wt the antibiotics wasnt neccesary…. I am just wonering. my ND has taught me that everything your body experences is all involved in disease and that it is all conneced so I am attempting to connect the dots lol.

awesomemb
    Participant

Well I have always thought my allergic reaction to a drug given to me after having my wisdom teeth out triggered my immune system. But, maybe it was the actual surgery. I had terrible spasms (hands and feet curled up, head slumped over onto shoulder and mouth was locked close.) Thank God my mom came home and found me. I would not have been able to call for help. SHe thought I had a stroke (I was just 16.) All areas I had a severe reaction in are my most damaged today. Within a year of this incident I started having pain and swelling in fingers. Of coarse I am 40 now, so that was a really long time ago. Best regards to you, MB 😉

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Well, I had this long post going about all my history that most probably caused my RA and I hit a wrong key and wiped it all out.  It is the middle of the night and I must get back to bed as I work tomorrow.

Just to put it briefly.  I think it is a build up of things.  I believe everyone with a chronic illness is short on glutathione.  Glut is a major detoxifier found in all our cells but mostly concentrated in our lungs and our liver.  Studies have found that elderly healthy people have high levels of glutathione and chronically ill people of any age have very low levels.

I had strep/bronchitis/tonsilitis every year of my youth and in my twenties I had strep on the brain and twice in my spine.  You think strep throat hurts, just try it on the brain.  Ugh! Add to that allergies and a mild case of Graves Disease (hyperthyroid) At 40 a bad case of lyme.  When RA struck at 49, I had no problem believing infection was behind it.

Any trauma to the immune system like surgery or extreme stress or illness can kick in auto-immune disorder if your genetics are prone to it.  The good news is WE DON'T HAVE TO REMAIN IN THIS DISORDER! Hooray!

We simply have to deal with the triggers and remove the toxins from the bugs, drugs and environment that is all overloading our immune system.  Glutathione does that very well.  Here is a great article about it.

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?page=LIST&ProdID=1181&qid=&zTYPE=2

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

That is very interesting! Do you take that in supplement form? I def had the infection part of it with the pneumonia! During my preganancy I had a bladder infection that put me into early labor but they were able to stop it with a drug and an antibiotic and I was put on mild bedrest for the remaining 2 months, in the end I was blessed enough to go full term and have a beuatiful little girl with an eventless delivery (woohoo!!), a few months after  I had my baby an ENT cultured my nose beccause my sinuses were really bothering me and he determined that I had a staph infection in my sinuses!  I haven't been s stranger to stress over the past few years…huge disagreements with husbands family, we stopped talking to them for yesrs (finally made up), drama with my stepaughters mom (court, etc), I was working like 60 hrs a week and going to school full time right before I got sick, financial problems, being sick and fighting with my husband (I think stress had a lot to do with it as I have been in “fight or flight” pretty much the entire 4 1/2 years I have been married lol… I just had my first baby last October and started feeling really crappy after. Someone had posted that it's common for rheumatc diseases to pop up after giving birth. So I feel that all of the stress and unresolved infection were the underlying cause and having a baby was the icing on the cake so to speak (although I would do it a million times over just to have my beautiful baby girl!!!)

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

mommaof2

You have definitely had enough stress.  I think many of us with blended families have dealt with these stresses.  Baby definitely worth all the trouble!  Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Susan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ The start of ta ll????’ is closed to new replies.