Home Forums General Discussion Thanks to A Friend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

Just wanted to thank A Friend again for the article about the diet for macular degeneration. My father has been following it religiously and is starting to see improvement when he checks his vision with the chart the doctor gave him. He sees the doctor again in a month, it will be interesting to hear what he says. My father spends several hours a day reading, so this is a big deal to him.

Kim
    Participant

Awesome! :blush:

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Girls;
         Where is that article.I have a friend who would be interested in reading this as she is having a tough time with her eyes.
                      Lynne

Trudi
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Awesome! :blush:

I agree.  I love to hear when diet plays a huge part in recovery!!

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Baskettwin
    Participant

Great news about your Father. I'd love to see the diet too.:)

linda
    Participant

Here's the link to the article. My father did change one thing in the diet, he cooks his eggs instead of eating them raw, and he is also taking a multivitamin/mineral supplement designed for those with mac. deg. It contains lutein as one of the main ingredients.
    <span style="font-size:"2"] [/size]http”>#

It is awesome, thanks everyone for your responses. I think dad thought that the best he could do was stop or slow the progression, so it's pretty cool for the damage to be reversed, and so quickly after starting the diet, too.

A Friend
    Participant

[user=11]linda[/user] wrote:

Just wanted to thank A Friend again for the article about the diet for macular degeneration. My father has been following it religiously and is starting to see improvement when he checks his vision with the chart the doctor gave him. He sees the doctor again in a month, it will be interesting to hear what he says. My father spends several hours a day reading, so this is a big deal to him.

Linda,
    It is so exciting to read your post about your Dad's improved vision.  If you also read the papers, wasn't that the neatest thing that a group of ophthalmologists took it upon themselves to do their own controlled studies with their existing patients with Macular Degeneration?  They had their histories, etc.  I have an appointment in January, and am hoping for measurable improvement.  Tell your Dad to keep up the good work, and to please share his reports with us. 
    AF

A Friend
    Participant

Linda, just thought of you and your dad, and was wondering (hopefully) about him and his macular degeneration.  Does he feel the dietary additions are still helping?  Would appreciate any feed-back.  And, give him my best! 

AF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Thanks to A Friend’ is closed to new replies.