Home Forums General Discussion Thanks all who help me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rosey UK
    Participant

Hi all

I just want to thank you all for the  helped in my hour of need. I was truly at rock bottom and there was no where to turn. You are all so wonderfull and different I cryed with some of the reply's and was inspired by all.

I had to go on prednisalone, that was so difficult for me as I do not like drugs of any kind. I stopped the gold injections in May and i'm only on doxy 100 m-w-f. I wonder if I should up it?

The next day after the 20mg preds I felt normal emotionally and in my wellbeing. I had energy  was moving around the house doing normal things like getting up from the chair and walking to the kitchen instead of asking my hubby to fetch. Later my writs were very painful but what do I expect. I went for a walk round the park without wheelchair and the next day round the market although not for too long feet and legs  hurt. The next 2 day rested had no choice pretty exhausted. So you see while I'm well now I want to get the AP really working for me.

Thanks to you all and the roadback GOD BLESS

Rosemary XX:roll-laugh:

amyid
    Participant

Rosey,

I wish you peace in mind and body.  The “road back” through AP doesn't seem to be easy.  But we have to believe it helps.  Keep on keeping on!    It helps when others are on the same path, though.  It has been comforting to have this board to turn to.  I hope your day is wonderful!

Amy

DX Rheumatoid Arthritis- 3/2008, Began AP 8/2008-continued various forms of AP through present. It's long and complicated- have a question re: my protocol, just ask 🙂

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Rosey;
         I am just soooooo glad that things are looking up.Now don't panic when the times comes that you will slide backwards.As someone here said many years ago,this therapy is 2 steps forward and one step backward.
         I had terrible SD but today I am in remission and if you were to look at me the only sighn left is slightly tight skin around my cuticle area.Not bad for a girl that was supposed to kick the bucket 7 years ago.
         Now that you can move a bit you have to do something to get muscle strenght back.I was a wreck once the SD disappeared.My muscles had sort of atrofied and those that had not ,had turned to mush.Start slowly doing isometrics.Sit or lie down and just tighten every muscle from head to toe and hold wjile you count to 10 and then slowly relax.Do facial exercise also to help take away that haggard look that we get when we are sick a long time.Try to get your top lip to reach your chin,the bottom one to reach your nose.Blow out hard but slowly then do the silent scream.You will be surprised at how something as easy as this will improve circulation and tone things up…..That is unless you are the rare lucky one who nver had these problems.I used to be a ballet dancer and seing myself like I was sure was depressing.Today I am back dancing and teaching when I have time.   Lynne

linda
    Participant

So great to hear you're feeling better! Onward and upward!!!

I'd use caution in increasing your abx. I had been on abx  M-W-F about 4 months when I began to start feeling better. My AP doctor told me to go to every day dosing, and it knocked me back. It was too much too soon, and it also seemed to contribute to the stomach problems I was having and I eventually had to stop AP.  I do understand the desire to do more so that you can get well faster, tho. Remember that with the prednisolone you are actually increasing the amt of abx that are getting to the joints because it is knocking down the inflammation that was blocking it before. But there are others here who know more about dosing schedules than me, so I could be wrong. Best wishes for whatever you decide,

linda

katieb
    Participant

Hi Rosey !

I too am so glad to hear that you finally persuaded your doctor to give you some good pain relief, and to hear you sounding so much happier ! 😀 Long may it continue.

I'm sure this will lessen your inflammation and let the doxy in to those infected areas to start working properly.

There are also certain foods which help to reduce your inflammation  – here's a link :

http://www.metabolismadvice.com/anti_inflammatory_food/

I wouldn't try increasing your dose at the moment. From the protocol on the roadback website, you are on just about the optimum dose anyway, and if you're coping with it, then stick with it !

I started on 100mg mino MWF 1 month ago, and had to reduce to 50mg as it rather knocked me for six. Hoping I will cope better with the lower dose.

Anyway, it's great to hear that you feel you can start living your life again (even if that includes going to Sainsburys on your own !), and I hope we have a lovely warm summer which you can get out and about & enjoy.

God bless,

Katie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Thanks all who help me!’ is closed to new replies.