Home Forums General Discussion Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I’m writing with the very sad news that my mother in law passed away two months ago. She suffered from Scleroderma for more than 40 years, and was cruelly taken away from us in an extremely unexpected manner. Despite her disease, her bloodwork was very good. Since contracting covid at the beginning of the year, things began to slip in her overall physical state (despite good bloodwork), and seemingly out of the blue, she had an internal bleed in her digestion system and passed away from loss of blood.

We’d first of all like to thank this community from the bottom of our hearts. It has always been an extremely useful source of information and advice, and has been fundamental in our ability to help my mother in law. But more so, just knowing there are others out there going through the same sorts of challenges, and being able to discuss these with you all has made the past 6 years since discovering this website that bit more navigable. Especially Maz who, I think we can all agree, is a selfless angel who never tires of offering help and advice to complete strangers all the time, and giving her time and support to all of us here when we come calling.

My post is somewhat double-barrelled. Firstly, as mentioned above, what took my mother in law from us was an internal bleed from her digestive tract. It was a shock, as just that morning she was in a physical therapy session, and has a very positive class according to the therapist. She had no pain, no abdominal/throat symptoms, no blood in stool… just started coughing/vomiting blood in the afternoon, and a few hours later had passed.

We urge all of you who suffer from these diseases to get regularly checked in your digestive tract. As I mentioned, her labs were all good and strong, scans of her organs were all very good too (all things considered), and even her digestion was good (regular bowel movements, well formed etc). Good appetite, and very good balanced clean diet too. We would not want the same to pass to anyone else…

Secondly, we didnt do an autopsy – the idea of her body going through more stress after passing, given the pain she suffered, didnt feel right. However, we are left somewhat stranded, not knowing exactly what took place that day. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it may have been? From reading/speaking with Drs, the following has been suggested:

Ulcer bleed.
    Abdominal Aortic Aneurism (secondary to Atherosclerosis).
    Perforation in the trachea (she had trouble swallowing in the latter months of this year).

Given the absence of any symptoms, its very hard to know what happened. Even after her episode of vomiting blood began, she was still in no pain abdominally.

Sorry for the sad and graphic details all… we are once again a bit lost, not knowing what happened. If anyone has had similar experiences, it would be really great to hear from you.

Be well and safe, and god bless all of you.

Steve

---

Here for my Mother In Law.

Scleroderma 30+ years, Lyme/Bartonella (perhaps 30+ years too, diagnosed in October 2019), Hypothyroid, Anemia (of chronic diseases we think?), Neuropathy, Mini-stroke/brain lesions Oct 2019, Candida.

Current Meds:
    **Minocin 100mg x2 day, every day. **Rifampin 300mg 1x day MWF. **75mcg Levothyroxine. **5mg Prednisone. **Clopidogrel 75mg. **300mg Fluconazole every Sunday. **300mg Gabapentin. **LDN 4.5mg.

Current Supps:
    Vitamin B-complex, C, D, E. Potassium Glucona

Linda L
    Participant

Steve,
    It really looks strange. If you want you can apply to the hospital to give you The exact description what happened after she was admitted /freedom of information right/ Was she admitted to the hospital at all? I think there is a fee to get it. It won’t change anything unfortunately but maybe you will find answers to some questions.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.