Home Forums General Discussion Tendons – SD question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JeffN
    Participant

Ok I have been feeling well and this spring have been able to do lots of the things that I have not been able to do the previous couple of years. My question involves tendons. I notice that after an active day my tendons in my legs are very tight mostly my thighs. Also once in a while I get cramps in my thighs. Mostly I notice this after a busy day at work or like yesterday working on the boat getting in and out of tight places repeatedly. Last night my legs were tight not so sore but tight. The next morning there is no residual pain and my legs are fine. If I push it hard for a couple of days the third day I start out OK but by noon my legs are tired. My question is will the flexablity come back? Maybe? Will the tendons in time become more pliable or is this the way they stay. I can certainly deal with what they are now but improvement would be nice. What have others experienced? Thanks.

Kim
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

We're about at the same stage and this has been bugging me too.  I'm doing pretty well right now and when I work out my thigh muscles will get really tight ~ more SD-like than being in good shape, which I'm not.  As long as I have enough energy to do physical activity, I'm not complaining…….just curious.

It is interesting to compare notes…….kim

JeffN
    Participant

Yes the energy to do stuff is awesome! This spring has been nice, I've gotten a bunch of things done. Hope it continues for both of us. I was suprised last year that when I began to get active again the muscles were not too bad the problem was with the tendons mostly above the knee and at the other end up into my toush and hips.

BrendanG
    Participant

Hi Jeff

I notice that I will get sore after exercise or activity and it tends to target areas of my body where I have had previous sports injuries (shoulder, groins,  insteps(ankles)).   I  do try and run and play sports with the kids in the backyard and find once I warm up my movement and flexibility is very good.

I think using ice packs is a good way of managing soreness (which is inflammation) as long as you can handle it. 

As the experts suggest,  SD can move into a softening phase for skin,  so I could see no reason why this would not also occur for tendons and ligaments (and organs for that matter).

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

It is funny to have just logged on to find this thread, I don't really have an answer, but want to share Jess' situation.

As Jess was getting ill, all of the coaches and trainers always noted that she was the tightest/least flexible athlete they had ever encountered. She could not touch her toes at age 16. As she has recovered it has clearly gotten better, but still the trainers say she is very inflexible. She works on her flexibility several days a week with yoga and pilates. In fact she is at a yoga class right now. I think that it may be something that must e specifically worked on to attain your prr level of flexibility.

Cheryl

Randy
    Participant

[user=21]JeffN[/user] wrote:

… or like yesterday working on the boat getting in and out of tight places repeatedly..

“Tight places!” 

Damn!  Wish I was good!  Sort of remnds me of a great country western song…

Anyway, Jeff, it sounds like you are doing awesome!  I'm still trying to master our oversized bathtub! 

I've got lots of good and very positive stuff to talk about, but I'll only say for now (because it's too late already) that I can now touch my ring finger to my palm on both hands.  And oh yeah, the 3X / day lumbrokinase has done wonderous things for my fingertips (in less than 3 weeks).

Jeff, it sounds like a few body surfing wipeouts will fix up those tendons.

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

BrendanG
    Participant

Hi Randy

Sounds like the Lumbrokinase is working a treat.  Was this prescribed by your doc or have you sourced your own.

Getting worried – sounds like you will be mastering the squash grip again soon – I had better get my act together or there may be a whipping down under!

JeffN
    Participant

Randy a good wipe out will probably break me in half. If I get a small surf day, old guy surf as my son says, I hope to try the board this summer. I would like to Scuba dive again also. The diving may be more doable than the waves. It's funny how we judge our progress, the finger to the palm thing must be almost universal for us. I can touch all to the palm on both hands and when I make a fist the hole at the thumb end in about the size of a dime and the other end is just a pencil point of light. So its coming. Sounds like you are sure getting there.

Cheryl – Thanks for the Jess info. Needless to say I know I am a lot less flexable than that. I notice my kness don't bend well. My son and I were up on the roof last week fixing a weathervane and I have never been happy with heights. Anyway now I just don't move well up there on the pitch at all. I think I'll stay on the ground. I notice the legs when I snowboard – bending down to fasten my binding I feel clumsy but it was better this year than last. Once I get sliding I am fine. If I fall I do have a little of a turtle on it's back kind of thing going.

Kim we just have to keep plugging away I guess, but it is getting better huh.

Kim
    Participant

Geez, Jeff, you haven't come this far to fall off of a roof!  What were you thinking????

kim

JeffN
    Participant

Kim – the roof isn't that steep. But yeah it would hurt and I'll stay on the ground and point from now on. Probably back in Sept. I realized that my body was capable of more than my head was willing to let it do. My head was a tad behind the curve in regard to my condition. My body had come along enough that I could push things a little, I just had to make the effort. I have to keep things within reason but I do need to and can push some. Things are not normal or like before but I am trying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ Tendons – SD question’ is closed to new replies.