Home Forums General Discussion Taste and flavor with SD

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mikana
    Participant

Lately Mike has expressed concern over the fact that food all tastes the same. (and with my lack of cooking skills this really shouldn't be odd :roll-laugh:).

No flavor and all the same texture. Has anyone else had this issue? If so do you know if it is the disease or the meds?

Stay healthy and happy, we'll beat this yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Randy
    Participant

Not for me; however when I was on Plaquenel (sp?) for a few months I lost my taste for anything alcoholic and for coffee.  Fortunately, I can enjoy both again. But, I do believe that my sense of smell has been more acute since I have had SD.  Yes, very weird, I know.

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

mikana
    Participant

[user=223]Randy[/user] wrote:

But, I do believe that my sense of smell has been more acute since I have had SD.  Yes, very weird, I know.

Mike's sense of smell is more acute also. Hadn't really thought of that but it is true.

lindalou
    Participant

I had the same problem for a few months. I did get my taste buds back It was the scleroderma wrecking havoc.

Linda

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I had the same problem.I could not taste anything and it scared me stiff.Found out it was yeast as my tongue and throat became absolutely white after a few weeks.Went on a no yeast diet and got to be able to taste things again little by little.That was a real bummer as I love food but food with no taste just turned me off.On a good day I weigh 102 lb but I dropped down to 94.If it had been halloweeen I would have gone out with my grandchildren as a  bag of bones.!

Mumof3
    Participant

[user=1309]mikana[/user] wrote:

But, I do believe that my sense of smell has been more acute since I have had SD.

Kim
    Participant

[user=869]Mumof3[/user] wrote:

[user=1309]mikana[/user] wrote:

But, I do believe that my sense of smell has been more acute since I have had SD.  Yes, very weird, I know.

Mike's sense of smell is more acute also. Hadn't really thought of that but it is true.

My taste buds are okay but I have also noticed that my sense of smell is definitely more acute. Not good when you have a two year old that's not potty trained!

Same here………like a bloodhound.  I recently sniffed out a small gas leak from a natural gas line on the deck that no one else noticed, even after I pointed it out. 😯

kim

APbeliever
    Participant

Taking a bath with shampoo and soap has become really miserable these days. I can smell that shampoo from far (Same brand and same type of  shampoo that I have been using for the past 3 years and never smelled bad. Please note its not the same bottle :)). Smelling everything that wife is cooking in the kitchen and I have to like to turn on all the fans and door to get the smells out. Glad I am not the only one that is going through this thing

APbeliever
    Participant

Forgot to mention I have RA of serogative kind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Taste and flavor with SD’ is closed to new replies.