Home Forums General Discussion Systemic Enzymes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mschmidt
    Participant

I just started taking Vitalzym, a blend of systemic enzymes this week.  For those of you on the enzymes (Neprinol, Wobenzyme, Vitalzym, etc.), did your doctor start you on an activation dose?  If so, how much were you/are you taking?  Did you have any side effects from it? How far away from your antibiotics do you need to take it? How long did it take for you to notice a difference?  Sorry about all the questions:?  Thanks!

Maria

Kim
    Participant

Hey Maria,

I swear by the enzymes, they have helped me tremendously. The general 2-hr abx separation rule applies to the enzymes too.  The most important thing about these enzymes is to take on an empty stomach, and even at high doses, never bothered me a bit. 

For the activation dose I took maybe 3x more than the label and did that for about 4-6 wks, then down to a maintenance level of the recommended dose.  Within 2 weeks I had dramatic softening of everything.  They've helped thin my blood (which it needed) and dissolve fibrosis (a biggie for SD).

These are contraindicated for anyone on blood thinners such as Coumadin/Warfarin, etc., so you need to run this past your doctor with the list of meds and supps you're on.  This is one supplement that I've found to be worth the hefty price tag.

kim

mschmidt
    Participant

Thanks Kim! I'm on the right track, then.  I'm taking 8 of them 3x/day right now, and was told I could take up to 10 3x/day initially.  I take them on an empty stomach, 2 hours after my minocin, 4 hours after my armour thyroid, and 45 mins before I eat anything.  (this means my 1st meal doesn't start until almost 11 am…)  After just a week, I notice that my existing scars have softened so, I can't wait to see what happens to the fibrosis in my body-especially my muscles.  They are expensive but, if they work, and I can come down from taking 30/day, I'll continue to take them!

The only thing I worry about is the weeks I get my clindy iv's, since I get flushed with heparin on a daily basis then, before and after each one.  It's not a lot but, I wonder if I need to be concerned about this at all.  I order them from licensed distributors online, and saved about 30% on the retail price.  My blood must be somewhat sticky because I've noticed that I've had a low-grade headache since upping my dose.  Hopefully, this will subside.  Thanks again for the info!

Maria:D

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=977]mschmidt[/user] wrote:

I just started taking Vitalzym, a blend of systemic enzymes this week.  For those of you on the enzymes (Neprinol, Wobenzyme, Vitalzym, etc.), did your doctor start you on an activation dose?  If so, how much were you/are you taking?  Did you have any side effects from it? How far away from your antibiotics do you need to take it? How long did it take for you to notice a difference?  Sorry about all the questions:?  Thanks!

Maria

Maria and all,
    I have such a hard time figuring out where to buy these supplements – I don't know who's trustworthy out there.  Do I need to go to a store or buy online?  How do I know I'm not buying crap?  Thanks in advance for any responses and tips as to where I can get good quality supplements. 
    -Michelle

Kim
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

You can start with vitacost.com and iherb.com.  I've always found online to be lots cheaper and the shipping is usually quick.

Maria,

That's wonderful that you are seeing results with the enzymes so quickly.  No way would I take them with Heparin so you'd need to check the half-life to know how long ahead you need to clear your system.

kim

frhorngal
    Participant

I started taking Medizym about 3 weeks ago (at the recommended dose..3 pills, 2x a day). My naturopath wants me to double that (taking 6 pills, 2x a day) which I plan to start next week when I purchase a new bottle. I haven't noticed a difference either way yet, but I am hoping I will once I double the dose.  I usually take it at 10 and 3, between my meals. I keep hoping they will work for me…

RA/Lyme: 100mg Minocin (brand) MWF, 3mg LDN, 10mg CBD- BID

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Systemic Enzymes’ is closed to new replies.