Home Forums General Discussion Symptoms triggered by medication

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

Recently my doctor found I have protein S deficiency… which means I have poor circulation problems. The doc believes a lot of lyme patients have this problem.

It makes me wonder…. wonder…. if this problem is triggered by the medication. Protein S deficiency can be also caused by high inflammation. Because the medicine we are taking, with huge herxing and higher inflammation, which lowers the protein S….

Another example, a lot of patients have low thyroid and insulin resistent problems…. however, many of these patients were on prednisone….. could it be those patients cannot tolerate prednison… or prednison messes up their thyroid and insulin production???

I remember when I googled search about pulmonary fibrosis, I came across a conference paper by a rheumy from George Town medical school. For years, all the rheumatology field has been convinced that pulmonary fibrosis late state has 2 killer problems: kidney failure and lung cancers.

This professor researched and found a high correlation between heavy dosage of prednisone use and kidney failure, AND frequent CT Scan on lungs and lung cancers. So she presented her findings in the conference.

She said most of pulmonary fibrosis patients were given high dosage of prednisone to control the lung inflammation…. sometimes it is as high as 60 mg per day!!! It is the prednisone which damaged the kidney.

Wow…..

Did he say what to do for the protein  s deficiency.  I would really like to know as my inflammation level is high. Bacteria seem to be the main problem.   Lyme patients suffer with the loss of a great deal if they are not diagnosed early enough magnesium & D were  my main problems I had to reintroduce them gradually

Remembering  that most drugs have a chelative effect also,  replacing everything has been a good idea for me.  Makes the whole thing a very expensive exercise. I guess you just got to do what you got to do. We all need a money tree.

PhilC
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

She said most of pulmonary fibrosis patients were given high dosage of prednisone to control the lung inflammation…. sometimes it is as high as 60 mg per day!!! It is the prednisone which damaged the kidney.

I know someone whose kidneys were damaged by prednisone. And he wasn't even on it for very long. The doctors blamed the kidney damage on hypertension, but he was fine before they gave him prednisone. The prednisone also made him psychotic.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=134]Rosemary Perth Aust.[/user] wrote:

Did he say what to do for the protein  s deficiency.  I would really like to know as my inflammation level is high. Bacteria seem to be the main problem.  

The doctor never called me back even though I called his office three times. I have faxed the results to his office twice. I will be going to my own primary care doctor soon if I have not heard from him.

Is your skin purple or darker color? Do your veins get darker when you feel very tight? If so, you need to check it out.

I read Vitamin K is supposed to help with Protein S deficiency. I went to the pharmacy, they told me vitamin K is a prescription med.

Phil

How sad!!! I can believe it. The worst thing is that in the medical text books, the doctors were taught late stage of pulmonary fibrosis is kidney failure, higher percentage patients develop lung cancers. That's very scary.  Because these problems could be prevented.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi JB,

Here's some good info on vitamin K:
    http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminK/

From reading this forum I've noticed that people with Lyme Disease, especially those with scleroderma symptoms, often have poor circulation. I suspect that it is a part of the disease process, rather than a result of medication.

You should probably be taking nattokinase to help protect yourself against the formation of dangerous blood clots. It's a natural blood thinner. Check with your doctor, though, in case there is a good reason why you shouldn't take it, or in case he/she has another recommendation.

If you do decide to take nattokinase, I recommend getting the kind that has an enteric coating. I bought some that is not, and I often have some stomach pain after taking it. I solved that problem by taking the nattokinase five minutes before breakfast, but taking it that way may be less effective than taking it between meals as suggested on the label.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Phil The vitamin S sounds like sylicate acid which I showed up a problem when tested  It is in asprin not sure what else. 

Acidity is a big problem with R/D  Our drinking water here is full of lime which doesnt help.  It is a matter of doing what you can financially cope with. Most important things first.  The whole thing is very costly.

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=1429]PhilC[/user] wrote:

Hi JB,

Here's some good info on vitamin K:
    http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminK/

From reading this forum I've noticed that people with Lyme Disease, especially those with scleroderma symptoms, often have poor circulation. I suspect that it is a part of the disease process, rather than a result of medication.

You should probably be taking nattokinase to help protect yourself against the formation of dangerous blood clots. It's a natural blood thinner. Check with your doctor, though, in case there is a good reason why you shouldn't take it, or in case he/she has another recommendation.

If you do decide to take nattokinase, I recommend getting the kind that has an enteric coating. I bought some that is not, and I often have some stomach pain after taking it. I solved that problem by taking the nattokinase five minutes before breakfast, but taking it that way may be less effective than taking it between meals as suggested on the label.

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the information. I read it, it's very informative. Wow.

I ordered some Vitamin K2 (MK-7) from Natto Extract , also K-1. I am hoping to get them this week. Hopefully it will reduce the darkness of my skin and improve the circulation. I will check out the nattokinase.

Thank you very much!

JB

Trudi
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

I ordered some Vitamin K2 (MK-7) from Natto Extract , also K-1.  

Hi JB–

If you like rhubarb, it is loaded with vitamin K–

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2056/2

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Trudi – and all – my Mother was always told to stay well away from rhubarb as it would exacerbate her joint pain. I believe it's the oxalic acid that is the problem. This site gives some info on oxalic acid containing foods. Lynnie http://www.juicingbook.com/oxalic-acid 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks, Lynnie–very interesting–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Trudi
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

my Mother was always told to stay well away from rhubarb as it would exacerbate her joint pain. I believe it's the oxalic acid that is the problem.

Hi Lynnie–

Just had a chance for a closer look.  Of course, a lot of the foods that I like have the oxalic acid in it :doh:.  I'm definitely going to watch what happens when I eat an offending item.

Trudi

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Symptoms triggered by medication’ is closed to new replies.