Home Forums General Discussion Swollen painful lymph node…herxing??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I have had an enlarged lymph node in my neck since I became ill with pneumonia 5 years ago when this all started. It comes and goes and I have had it biopsied numerous times and it was always benign (thankfully!!). I have been on minocin for 3 weeks now and have been herxing alot. Within the past week or so I have noticed that my lymph node is swollen again and very tender, and painful. My question is could this be related to herxing and the toxins that my poor system is trying to get rid of? Have any of you dealt with this at all?

Thank you!

AliRigden
    Participant

Hi!!!

I must say that about 3 or 4 weeks after starting AP I felt terrible, very tired, i wanted to spend all day in bed, mentally exhausted, and i had swollen lymph glands under my arms. I would say that your swelling could be due to herx as well. I must admit that when i was feeling so bad i ws feeling great too because i knew that it was working, something was happening 😀

The only other time in my life i remember having swollen glands was when i had lot an lots of strep throat infecions, in my opinion the origin of my arthritis.

Dont give up, the bst is still to come!

xxx

Kim
    Participant

I had swollen cervical lymph nodes for over 3 years that just now finally cleared with the sauna.  I have a Rebounder (mini trampoline) and use that first to get the circulation moving and then get in the sauna.  There are also some gentle lymph massage techniques you can do, but you need to have a therapist explain them because you can have problems if you dump too many toxins too fast.

So many things to work on. 🙁

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Ali,

Thank you for your reply!That is EXACTLY how I feel! I am 3 weeks into it and feel absolutely horrible. I have been questioning whether its herxing or if I am just worsening as  Ifeel so terrible. I talked to my Dr and he said he thinks I am herxing, but the weird thing is I am pulse dosing and it seems that I herx on my “on” days but my off days especially Sunday are even worse! He said that was kind of different becuase most herx the days you take the mino. That worried me too but I could have sworn there were others on the board who herxed on off days (Sundays are so bad I cannot do much and lay in bed!)

I am relieved to hear it gets better and will just remind myself that its a good thing when I feel crappy lol…

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Kim,

As always thanks for your reassuring response! Alright that's it I am getting one of those portable saunas LOL. My lymph node is getting big but then goes down (like last night it was terrible, but then I woke up all sweaty today…ew I know:sick:… andit is not as swollen and painful). I suppose my project until I get in with my LLMD will be detoxing as well as I can;)

AliRigden
    Participant

I really cant complain because i only herxed for like 2 weeks (but i must say my arthritis isnt by far as bad as any of yours), but i can say that i do remember my off days being worse than the antibiotic days.

i guess everyone is a different matter, we are all special in our own way 😀

xxx

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Thank you, that is reassuring to know!

Kim
    Participant

This survey probably won't be worth much because everyone has a different experience.  I always, and still do, feel better on non-abx days, but others will be just the opposite.   You're in the early days so just think of this as “initiation”. 😕

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

lol thanks 🙂

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Momma – when I went through my herx 5 years ago, I herxed every day of the week and I was pulse dosing also. And it started at week two. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Hi Lynnie!
    How are you? Thanks for the input! Does it ever settle down? I am not complaining because  I know its doing something but I am just curious 🙂 Hope you are well!

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Momma,

I'm getting a sauna too.  My doctor has finally approved me to try one.  I was too toxic initially. 

I also rebound, which I LOVE!  Thanks for the suggestion Kim.

I don't have any obvious symptoms like swollen lymph glands and my joints are all quiet at the moment.  Hooray!  So, I will be hoping to not flare up something when I begin the sauna.

I have been having horrifically stinky sweat recently which is not the norm for me.  Dr says things are coming out.  Sure hope so.

Susan

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Last night i had this ginormous swollen lymph node in my neck that was so painful and uncomfortable so not to be gross but I woke up this morning drenched in sweat and the lymph node is not so big and doesn't hurt at all…every day its an adventure here LOL… good luck with the sauna, I want a rebounder too! (it just looks fun LOL, with my luck I will probably end up out the window if I use one of those in the house lol…)

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

the stinky sweat toxicity thing makes alot of sense my Naturopath told me that in a healthy person sweat does not stink (even armpit sweat!) she said it is the bacteria hitting the oxygen on the surface of the skin that makes it stink, so it oes sound like you are geting all cleaned out, that's great!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Momma – thanks for asking. I am well thanks. Some pain this last week which I think was pharmacologically induced, but that's another story. Herxing seems to be a very individual thing in all ways, including length of time. A great idea is to journal how you're feeling daily, so you have a record of when the teeny tiny improvements start to happen – they can so easily get overlooked. However, it's very early days for you and the achey and flu-ey feeling is text book. Might also help to re-read some of the herxing info (and watch the Dr Brown video) – it might help to make you feel beter about feeling (initially) horrible!!!! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ Swollen painful lymph node…herxing??’ is closed to new replies.