Home Forums General Discussion Supplements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nan – RA
    Participant

Hi all….

Does anyone have any advice on what kind of vitamin supplement is the best kind for us AP'ers?  It is so hard to know just what would be the best thing to do to insure that we are doing what is right for our bodies. 

Thank you in advance…

Nan

glynn102
    Participant

I have tried just about every supplement made. They are like pants and not one size fits all. What works for some might not for another.

I made it for almost two years without pain meds and using strictly supplements alone. The list and cost was pretty long.

Since moving to the AP therapy I decided I wanted my body to use all of its focus and energy on the mino. I switched from cod liver oil to fish oil (no vit A or D), take green tea from Costco, I drink Living Fuel (pretty expensive stuff but it replaces breakfast) use an anti oxidant (pycnogenol) and Amino Acids (I read several studies that people with RA lack them. Beides that swimmer Dara Torres uses the same brand so now I have to keep taking them 🙂

I have also added Certo in Grape juice x's a day in addition to the probiotic I take.

It seems like a bit much when I write it, but after two years of filtering I have found these are my go to supplements.

I have tried everything on the internet that says it cures arthritis and they don't work.

Again this stuff works for me. Maybe it is mental, but I feel better on them.

(In the past I used liver tabs, coenzyme Q 10, tumeric, digestive enzymes, coral calcium, glucosamine/chondroitin, MSM, Apple Cider Vinegar, multi vitamins, mushrooms, glyconutrients… and a bunch more)

Nan – RA
    Participant

Thank you Glynn… did the multi-vitamins not work then?  I was wondering if taking One a Day Womens would be ok or if there's too much of one vitamin or another that would interact with AP….

Nan

glynn102
    Participant

Multi vitamins don't really “work”. They don't make you feel any different. If you are eating a proper diet then you can do without them. You can always take them as insurance.

If you have a poor diet then I would take them.

I have only been on AP for two weeks now, but from what I have experienced- I am much better off when I limit the amount of supplements I am putting in my body (multi vitamin include) but I must warn you that each body is different. It is more trial and error.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Supplements’ is closed to new replies.