Home Forums General Discussion Stem Cell Injections in Joints

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TrustingGod
    Participant

Functional medicine doctor is recommending stem cell injections in two knuckles that have experienced joint destruction from 20+ years of RA. Has anyone tried stem cell injections in joints? If so, what was their experience?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi TG,

Is it autologous SCT or donated umbilical SCT he’s recommending?

TrustingGod
    Participant

Umbilical

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi TG,

My functional med rheumy also offers umbilical SCT and he used it on his knee osteoarthritis and swears by it. I have been reticent to try it since listening to a podcast called, “Bad Batch,” where an investigative journalist shared her findings on this treatment.

Bad Batch

If you listen to the podcast, maybe it will provide some substance for formulating questions you can ask your doc? I think my biggest concerns were the potential for infection and paying a lot for a batch that may ultimately not contain live stem cells if improperly stored at some stage.

Autologous SCT or platelet-rich plasma just seems safer as it’s using your own stem cells and growth factors. I hope someone here who has tried umbilical SCT successfully will chime in to offer personal insight and a positive experience.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.