Home Forums General Discussion Spinal Stenosis/Salmon Calcitonin

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

@jaminhealth wrote:

AF: I did read the article you posted and actually found it in PH archieves and bumped it up for everyone else over there…I’m seriously looking into and re-visiting this mega dosing of Vit C…..later….jam with thanks…

Jam,I was referring to a new topic I began under General Discussion…. and my post under it with the important link I found on ProHealth. I’ve never posted on ProHealth, but happy I accidentally found their message board while doing a search. Am pasting the link to the new topic I was referring to… but, believe you’ve now seen it and added posts. If others reading/following this Spinal Stenosis/Salmon Calcitonin topic would like to view the information found on ProHealth, it is: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8172
    AF

A Friend
    Participant

Good Morning All,
    Haven’t re-read the posts under this thread this morning, but information found appears important to some of my own problems, as well as heart disease in family members. Am pasting links below that refer to bone health, osteoporosis, heart disease, and other diagnoses/problems and especially to the use of this amino acid for informaton purposes. I encourage all of us, if we can, to find a physician, such as an ACAM physician, to review our supplements/meds list.

I was surprised last January, when I made an appt. with a local ACAM physician for a 2nd opinion on a new diagnosis. He saw my list, and added or changed several important ones. The surprise came when I checked out at the desk. He has several medical degrees, and Medicare paid, my supplement ins. paid, and I owed them nothing — was expecting to have to pay it all. I recently had an appt. with Dr. K. She reviewed my list of supplements, and liked them, but gave suggestions for changing several to ones that include another helpful ingredient in it.

I so appreciate having this type help from him and Dr. K! Wish all of our physicians would become knowledgeable of these things. There is a new online site/organization where physicians can take online accredited courses without having to travel and stay in hotels. If your physician is interested, I can send you the link to the web site. The physician members of this organization are names you would recognize, and are highly respected, including some in the Lyme community.
    AF

http://www.internetwks.com/owen/Synopsis.pdf
    Vitamin C & Heart Disease

The following link has much more (brief but important) information on various diagnoses/problems in it. It caught my eye primarily because elsewhere I

jaminhealth
    Participant

Hi Friend, haven’t posted on this subject for awhile, but I’m getting positive results with acupuncture (elec stim) for lower back and coccyx area and pain in general…had my 14th session the other day….looks like I’m in this for a long haul. My rheumy is pretty amazing healer MD and I do have trust in her work.

The thalamus is a main pain center area and she puts needles on top of my head and ear to address the thalamus…

It rained here all night and I’m hurting more today, so I’m thinking the weather conditions…..

On the Lysine, I do take it but not on a consistent basis….thanks for the reminder. jam

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hello, jam:

Sorry I missed this earlier. Yes I am totally off antibiotics and gut-healed (knock wood!) and can tolerate some starches but still avoid mostly (…I just don’t “need” them…).

Since Your back issues began at age 18, and You have so many other AS-common issues, this could really be a possibility. The HLA B27 test might help with verification but a negative would not rule it out. It takes some strontium and calcium (alternately) along with boron, zinc, vitD, and copper (and some weight lifting) to replace bone and matrix. Sometimes the nerve outlets require surgical intervention but that may not be necessary. Vertebroplasty could be a better option.

I don’t have pain from this since starting calcium and magnesium and otherwise so many supplements including colloidal minerals, but key is getting fully out of inflammation and then bone can repair itself, albeit slowly, -it will grow the way it should when given the opportunity and building blocks.

HEALTH,
    John

jaminhealth
    Participant

John, thanks….

I’ve taken Strontium off and on and haven’t for a while. I know one needs to take it away from calcium. Do you feel Strontium is a good thing to be taking, I get confused on whether to or not.

So, if it’s OK then Cal and Stron need to be taken some hours away from each other. I take all you mention, but out of Copper now and forgot to order it.

I take only 500mg Rainbow Light food based calcium, just not one that feels comfortable with high dosing of calcium….I take higher doses of Magnesium thru the day….and also Manganese, 30mg per day.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.