Home Forums General Discussion sometimes you have to beg and plead….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stephinpgh
    Participant

which is what I did in an e-mail to Dr G in Wexford, and he agreed to see me on May 15th instead of September.  When I reread my email to him, I kind of cringed, but it did have the desired effect.  I fear that being in constant pain sometimes makes me sound almost like a lunatic; I hate sounding like a huge whiner and crybaby; but it's hard to be my “normal self”.   I want to thank everyone on this board for your kind words and encouragement;  you people are the best.  It would be impossible to survive this without your support;  I don't know how people did it before the roadback.

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Steph,

Hey, we gotta do what we gotta do and many of us have done the very same thing.  I did it with my doc who is big into chelation therapy.  After 25 I.V.'s of chelation, because I did it his way first, I was still not doing well.  I pleaded with him to start me on Clindo.  I gave him Dr. Browns book and he read it!  The following week on got on program.  He went to several conferences and learned more about AP.

Diane

Loria Chaddon
    Participant

Steph,

We all have what I term “one of those days”.  Whether it is those who have the disease having a “whiney” day:crying:, or those of us who love someone who is suffering having a day of snarling anger at the medical establishment in general for their ineffectiveness, stubborness, etc, etc, etc when it comes to helping those we love.  :headbang: Or even vice-versa :shock:.

But the fact is, if we do not get the extremes of emotion out, whether verbally, physically, or written it will build up and fester, and then the explosion will be on the emotional impact level of Krakatoa going off.  As long as we do not wallow all the time in “one of those days,” it is ok.  We apologize and move on.

Anyway, it is early in the morning and I may read this later and discover I was rambling.

Loria

Parisa
    Participant

Maybe it's the idea of what this disease does to you as an independent person.  In the past maybe you never asked someone to open a door or a jar and now simple things can be hard.  And then you have to swallow your pride and beg a doctor for help.  Of course, the end result is you get the door opened!  You get to see the doctor sooner.  A very painful life lesson.  Glad you get to see the doctor so soon!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Yea to that. Sometimes it is hard to accept that there's a gift to us in all of this……we just have to find what that gift is.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ sometimes you have to beg and plead….’ is closed to new replies.