Home Forums General Discussion Some terrific results in my bloodwork

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

Whoo hoo …

What terrific labs Lynnie — you must be stoked with the results.
    Whatever you are doing keep on doing it !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Maz-Aust,

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Thank you all for your wonderful responses:blush:. What a great supportive group this is! Part of what I was trying to convey, especially to newbies, is that this AP road is often (except perhaps in early onset and clear-cut cases) not a short, sharp journey. Rather a long path that can have many twists and turns. A bit like life really, I guess! BTW Kim, I so get the  'whatever it takes' place you are now in, cos it sure shines through. Casey, I am so glad that my ANA result has given you hope and confidence – you and your family have been through some tough times. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Trudi
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

…what I was trying to convey, especially to newbies, is that this AP road is often (except perhaps in early onset and clear-cut cases) not a short, sharp journey.

Hi Lynnie–

Congratulations on your good news.  Nothing like positive test results to keep you going, especially in light of your comment.  Yes, no quick fix here–I have to keep reminding myself of that fact and my questioning friends and relatives.

Take care,

Trudi 

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Mumof3
    Participant

Lynnie, I am so happy for you. That is awesome news! Congratulations!

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Lynnie,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news!!!!!  It is so good to hear, even for us old timers.

The most shocking thing I have learned from this illness (besides the prevaling attitude of the field of rheumatology) is that it is not a quick fix.  Initially I thought 6 mths and I would be healed.  3 yrs later, I am doing great and am so THANKFUL for my painfree days, but I still test positive for some bad dude bacterias/parasites and am just astounded at how difficult it is to rid our bodies of these pathogens.  So treatment continues.

Hanging in there with a really good doctor willing to be a medical detective is the best shot we all have at recovery. 

Thanks again for sharing!

Susan

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Lynnie.

Fantastic news for you and such  inspiration to us all, knowing that even in the tough times that we all go through, there is always the hope of better times with changes that we can make through diet or changes to our abx.

……………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

lajones2
    Participant

Lynnie!!!

Thank you for taking the time to record your story!  When you come to the states please let us know.  I want to take a drive to wherever you are so that I can see and talk to you in person. I am happy about your recovery and send you good vibes and healing thoughts.

I have a couple of questions:

Have you seen reduction in inflammation from the new abx?

Do you know the breakdown for the name VEGA?

Do you still take probiotics?

Have you tried Sulfite Free wine.  I love it also and it tastes pretty good.

Good Health,

LJ

Chicago

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

LJ – to answer your questions:

Have you seen reduction in inflammation from the new abx? I generally dont have high inflammatory markers except when in a flare or herxing. My Palindromic type of disease is like that……..so difficult to measure. However, both of those markers have steadily reduced, even in normal range, over time. I am more focused on the RF and ANA.

Do you know the breakdown for the name VEGA? No, I think that's a brand name. You can google it. Needs to be handled by someone very competent I believe. My naturopath has had 35-40 years experience. Her brother first went to the U.S. and met Dr Brown. And she is in remission herself from a rheumatoid disease via AP and diet – and introduced the concept to my AP doc (who is also in remission from Fibro).

Do you still take probiotics? Yes I do. However, I dont take really large amounts, as I only take small doses of abx 2 days a week. For the first 4 years on Mino (3 days a week) I didnt take one at all….and didnt have a candida problem. But I would definitely suggest taking one.   

Have you tried Sulfite Free wine.  I love it also and it tastes pretty good. Yes I have. However, I dont drink at home these days. My alcohol intake now is just a couple of glasses when I go out for dinner on the weekend. Very difficult to get sulfite-free wines in restaurants……and I have enough to deal with asking them to modify the food to cater to my diet! So, with wine, I just go with the flow……… dont get any reaction from this once-a-week treat.

Lynnie

P.S. Thanks for the invitation to meet up, LJ. I was in the States late last year and travelled pretty widely….so think it may well be quite a long time before I'm back there.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

I am so happy for you. All of these give me such home for my little boy.

Sue

JBJBJB
    Participant

Lynnie,

I am so very happy to see your results. You also have been working very hard to get this far. I am every encouraged to see how AP working out for you.

JB

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘ Some terrific results in my bloodwork’ is closed to new replies.