Home Forums General Discussion some of my blood work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    judy cash
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the replys concerning my weight.  O.k. The nurse just called to say a few of my test were high, and low……She said my sugar was 127 ,….Is that very high?      Also my potassium was low at 1.3, she said normal was 1.5. Dr S. had told me it was low.     My total Cholesterol was 218, before it was running around 210-213. Triglycerides were 208, normal is less than 150…Does anyone know if these numbers are very , considering that I wasn't fasting?   I ask her about my Thyroid, she said it was normal….. and the urine test was  normal.

I guess the sugar worries me the most. Could this be the reason for my weight gain? What can I do to bring this down?LOOSE WEIGHT  RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!LOL.

Thanks in advance,

Love, Judy

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1504]judy cash[/user] wrote:

She said my sugar was 127 ,….Is that very high?      …Does anyone know if these numbers are very , considering that I wasn't fasting?  

Hi Judy–

The new reference range for glucose is 65-99; it used to be up to 120.  Was this a fasting test–or was it taken at the same time as your cholesterol draw, which you said was non-fasting?

It does seem high, but if, say, you had something sweet before the draw, that would make sense that it would be high.  I'd get it rechecked if you are very concerned.

I don't know if the glucose could be a cause for weight gain.  However, I want to share with you that when I started taking Resveratrol for Lyme treatment, I started shedding weight effortlessly (resveratrol is supposed to help the body use calories correctly).  When the doctor started me on the raisin/gin remedy (resveratrol comes from grape skins) I no longer needed the Resveratrol (according to the electro-dermal machine) and my weight has stayed off.  I eat as much if not more than my husband (he's 6'2″ and very active, where I am 5'1″ and inactive).  I really think there is something to this.

Take care,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

judy cash
    Participant

Trudi,

Thanks for your reply. No , I did not fast for these tests. What is the raisin/gin remedy? I will try one of these for sure.   I ate sausage/egg biscuit early that morning and a bag of plain chips just before my appointment, at 2:15. Again thenks for your information.

Judy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ some of my blood work’ is closed to new replies.