Home Forums General Discussion Some encouragement….from a newbie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Well, I have to say I'm a bit surprised but excited about finding a (so far) fabulous AP Dr in Maryland.  I went to see him 2 weeks ago tommorrow and everything he has told me, I have done (with the exception of not being quite as strick with my diet, but I'm learning to do better with each day).  After 2 weeks I have to scream….I'm feeling great!  Not perfect, not back to normal but, great!  With that comes the heightened since of well being and positive attitude.  So far I have not had any herx but, I was also recently diagnosed with RA so I hear that sometimes if you catch it early you don't have quite as much of that.  I also read that if you follow the diet closely the herxing will not be quite as bad as it could be.  I know I'm still very early into this but, I have to say that just getting a little taste of feeling good again will help me, if and when I start to herx, to see the light at the end of the tunnel and to keep plugging away.  Thanks to everyone and to the DR. 

Kim
    Participant

Sounds great, Andrea.  You have all your ducks in a row—-finding a good AP doc is no easy feat, you're catching it early on, and you're paying attention to diet to control inflammation.  You should have excellent results!

Congratulations…..good job!   kim

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic Andrea! You must feel wonderful having had a taste of feling great. May you retain that feeling, herx or no herx. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Devie
    Participant

I am new too Andrea and want to tell you that your attitude is golden!

I took my 6th Mighty Mino yesterday and have been mini-herxing (also caught it early).  I had the lemon drink last night and I do seem to be better today- although I also took some tylenol…

All th best to you and if you ever want to compare getting Over RA notes…just let me know.

Devie

froggy
    Participant

Lyn,

How are you doing on the new meds? 

Froggy

JBJBJB
    Participant

Great attitude! I am also very new and I am on my 5th minocycline. I am having herxing which is really not comfortable but bearable. I hope this soon shall pass!

In Health, We Cheers!

JB

baltimore
    Participant

Help!

I have not started down this road yet….and I don't know where/how to look for a doctor in Maryland. Can anyone give me a name (other than Dr. G.M.)?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1025]baltimore[/user] wrote:

Can anyone give me a name (other than Dr. G.M.)?

Hi Balitomore,

Found your other thread requesting a physician and have send you a private message with a physician listing for the areas requested.  😉

Peace, Maz

Andrea
    Participant

Baltimore

E-mail me directly and I can give you the name of my doctor in Annapolis, MD. 

andhol@aol.com

Andrea

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Some encouragement….from a newbie’ is closed to new replies.