Home Forums General Discussion Solodyn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

We went to see the dermatologist on Friday and she took Ryan off the 50 mg mino 2x/day and put him on Solodyn 90 mg 1/day. After doing research on this drug, I am nervous because it specifically states that it is for acne ONLY. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Next week, Ryan will have an MRI on his hands and arms to make sure that his issues with his joints is caused from the Lyme versus Eosinophilic Fasciitis. She wants to make sure that we are not ignoring another potential issue.

I also left a message with the answering service of Maz's LLMD in Ct. Can't wait for them to call me back!

Sue

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sue,

Mino is used for acne, the kids get it from the dermatologist too, so maybe he is using something new.:? Hope it helps and I hope Ryan gets a good report when he has his MRI

Eva:D:?

Eva Holloway

Parisa
    Participant

A quick google search shows that Solodyn is an extended release minocycline.

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

It is supposed to be the next version of mino BUT what I saw on the manufacturer's website scared me and I was hoping someone else was using it —

This formulation of minocycline has not been evaluated in the treatment of infections. To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria, as well as to maintain the effectiveness of other antibacterial drugs, SOLODYN

Parisa
    Participant

I think you will find that warning about antibiotic resistance on any antibiotic.  When you take a medication you have to do a cost/benefit.  What are the side effects and what are the benefits? 

luvmywonderfulkids
    Participant

Well, Ryan only took 2 pills and broke out in a severe rash! I guess I don't have to worry any longer. Back to Minocycline!

Kim
    Participant

Never a dull moment. :crying:

kim

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Solodyn’ is closed to new replies.