Home Forums General Discussion sjogrens and hashimoto's

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nancy57
    Participant

I am having trouble losing weight.Is anyone else having that problem?

Kim
    Participant

Hey Nancy,

I have the Sjogren's & Hashimoto's combo as well.  For the Sjogren's, I have blocked salivary glands and blocked tear ducts…….not fun.  When all my problems started a few years ago I went from being slightly hypothyroid to hyperthyroid and lost 15 pounds in about 4 months.  Now, I am hypo again and have regained most of that (bummer) so I know first-hand just how much your thyroid affects your metabolism.  Now I can't seem to lose an ounce so if you figure it out let me know…kim

Maz
    Keymaster

Kim…your pattern is mine, too…we both have the nodules and had to have biopsies and regular screening. My Mum had Hashi's, so I figure that is probably what is going on…weight up and down here, too, in the past few years…although the inactivity of the past year since RA probably also has something to do with it in my case.

Peace, Maz

nancy57
    Participant

Thanks for all the help.

A Friend
    Participant

[user=409]nancy57[/user] wrote:

I am having trouble losing weight.Is anyone else having that problem?

Note:  Nancy57 has Sjogren's and Hashimoto's as part of her post, as its subject. 

Nancy,

I just documented the following links and information for my own use, but decided these links may be helpful to you — not only with with your diagnoses, but with your post about weight gain, and perhaps to avoid future complications.   

Good luck,
    AF

Meet Dr. Sinatra:
    http://www.drsinatra.com/c/bio.asp
    Stephen T. Sinatra,
    MD, FACC, CNS, CBT
    New England Heart Center. PC
    Manchester, CT 06040

Dr. Sinatra on:  Women, thyroid disease, heart disease, etc. 

[/size]

http://www.drsinatra.com/c/landing_hearthc.asp#4b

Heart Health Center
    In my Heart Health Center, learn all about:

Dr. Sinatra's Top Recommendation for Heart Health

Excerpt:
    Unlike most physicians, Dr. Sinatra has pursued nutritional training, receiving Certified Nutrition Consultant (or C.N.S.) certification from the American College of Nutrition. He also has his own line of nutritional supplements, which he sells on his popular website http://www.Dr.Sinatra.com.

Long before Dr. Sinatra became the contributing author for Sugar Shock!, he already was quite knowledgeable about the dangers of sugars and refined carbs. He was eager to team up with Connie, because he believes that ?people are savvy about cholesterol but ignorant about the evils of sugar.? In fact, for the past 25 years, Dr. Sinatra has been instructing his patients to watch and curtail their sugar intake, because he found that excess sugar speeds up the aging process. What?s more, he contends, over time, excessive sweets could give you heart disease and get you there faster than high cholesterol levels.

[/size]

[/size]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ sjogrens and hashimoto's’ is closed to new replies.