Home Forums General Discussion sjess

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sharon,

I have been following your report. I have been there where I had a good day and then some bad days, but eventually your good days will be more than the bad days. Don't overdue it, take it slow. I know you want to run and jump but that will be down the road sometimes. Hope you had a great Birthday and I wish you many more good birthdays to look forward too.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Mumof3
    Participant

Happy Birthday Sharon! I wish you many more good days to come!

BeatingRA
    Participant

Hi Sharon,

Happy Birthday!!  I hope you enjoy your burritos, strawberry daiquiris and watching Avatar.

Theresa

Trudi
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

I have been following your report.

Me, too, Sharon.  I wish you all the best–it looks like the antibiotics are doing their job for you.  Take it nice and easy–best way for your body to heal.

Happy Birthday!!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

Sharon, a very happy birthday to you with many, happy, healthy returns of the day!!! Hang in there, girl!!! You're on your way…the early months are the most challenging, but you've got friends here to support you on the journey. 🙂

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sharon – I join the good wishes for a Happy Birthday and the start of your road back to wellbeing – you ARE on your way! Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

sjess
    Participant

Hi All–I just saw this post–

Thanks so much for your birthday wishes! I really appreciate you thinking of me. I had a very nice day, and I think in part due to AP.

Eva, you are so right! I just want to be active again and not have to limit myself, but that isn't working just yet. Thanks for the reminder to not overdue it.

The burritos were great and I was amazed at how I didn't have to “make” myself get them ready or “make” myself put the items back in the frig. I just did it and even enjoyed it rather than resenting all the work it is because I was so tired. That is definite progress.

I'm so grateful to you friends here at AP. You have made this possible for me because I don't think I would have had the gumption to pursue the AP on my own. It took this website and the success stories and the people here to give me the resolve to give it a try and I thank you for that.

I raise my strawberry daiquiri and toast to better health for all of us this time next year.

Thanks again!
    Sharon

P.S. I loved Avatar. A big blue thumbs up! 😉 (You'll know what I mean if you see the movie.)

mkbeeliever
    Participant

Sharon, I'm a tad late wishing  you a Happy Birthday, so sorry!  Hope your day was great, sounds like it was!  I too am keeping tabs on you girl!  Keep writing, I love to read your stuff!

xxoo
    Blessings,
    Michelle

mschmidt
    Participant

Sharon,

I'm late chiming in to wish you a happy birthday as well so, I hope you had a wonderful day!:D

Maria

JBJBJB
    Participant

Sharon,

Hope you had a great day on your birthday. I thought of you often and wondered how you are doing.

Take care,

JB

Parisa
    Participant

Hi Sharon,

I'm glad to hear you had a good birthday.  Here's to wishing more little improvements in your new year!

betsyr
    Participant

sjess,

I was just searching this site for the first time in a month or so and picked up on your personal progress thread!  I just wanted to say thanks for posting your journey and sharing with everyone your physical and emotional struggles. I am so sorry that you are having such a hard road back to health but your journal is very inspirational, so thank you for sharing!

I am very close to your age and also have been diagnosed with several of the diseases you are dealing with. I just want to offer some encouragement to try and keep a positive attidue and try and be patient with your body's healing process. When I first started AP (only 4 months ago) it was hard for me not to get discouraged because I wanted to have immediate results and that didn't really happen. But now looking back after only 4 months I can see that I have made quite a bit of progress and am also learning to be patient and have faith that over time I will be in remission.  I am now to the point where I have mostly good days and only an occasional bad day, which is reverse of where I was before starting AP, and this time last year I was sooo sick and had no idea why! I was going thru a lot of the same emotions you are experiencing now and reading your journal brought all those memories back to me! It really helped me see how much progress I have made in the past months, both mentally and physically.

Also, by removing all the toxic drugs from your body that you took for years you are already on the road to a healthier you, and with your healthier diet and added exercise I know you will just keep getting better and better :roll-laugh:!

So happy belated birthday and it is nice meeting you through your journal! I hope you keep posting, I enjoy reading your personal progress thread very much and keep up the good work and remember to be patient with yourself and celebrate all your small improvements and don't get discouraged with small setbacks!  Hopefully you will be able to look back soon and realize how far you have come!

P.S. I see an AP doctor who prescribes tetracycline for me because my rheumy is not such a believer and has been reluctant to take over this task. BUT… my rheumy  admitted that I am his only patient who is following AP instead of taking the methatrexate, steroids, etc. and   he says I am the only patient he treats who is actually getting better instead of just staying the same or getting worse!!! I feel like this is quite an accomplishment and quite a testimony for AP and I intend to show him that I will keep improving with each visit and hope to make him a believer too. :roll-laugh:

Kim
    Participant

Great update, Betsy! 😀 

Sounds like you have a somewhat open-minded rheumy if he's willing to admit that his only patient getting better is the one on abx and he's not even the one administering the abx. 😯 😯 😯   Let's hope when they're sitting around chatting at the next rheumy convention that they start connecting the dots. :headbang:  Changing the world, one rheumy at a time. :roll-laugh:

Take care…..kim

sjess
    Participant

Hi betsyr,

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. I'm so glad for your progress! Yea! I'm glad my journal was of help to you. I have found that when I look back over it I see that I have made improvement and that helps keep me going with the AP. I'm glad it did the same for you.

That's fantastic that your rheumy is seeing and acknowledging your improvement. Like Kim, I hope this will bring more rheumy's around to seeing that this is a viable treatment.

Way to go! :roll-laugh:

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Sharon,my sweet;
                  Happy happy late birthday.I gust got to the computer tonight as we are still in the middle of exausting orchid shows and if I dare sit down I instantly fall asleep.In fact I did so while haveing my shower a couple days ago.Boy,was that a hard landing!
           I wish you heaps of love and health.
                                   XXXXX

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ sjess’ is closed to new replies.