Home Forums General Discussion Shout out for Acupuncture!!–Adjunct

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jaminhealth
    Participant

Well, I’ve just completed my 3rd sesssion of electro stim and heat acunpuncture…The rheumy I see is “holistic” minded as she believes conventional treatments have failed SO MANY. And doesn’t want to practice conventional work.

She also uses Mesotherapy Injections. My issues all worsened since hip replacement so I’m doing all I can to achieve more movement and less pain.

I’m getting “subtle” changes overall, with back and even some energy. This work is not an overnight treatment, but those who stick with it, report good benefits.

Acupuncture can help SO MANY health conditions and if one can stay with it, changes can happen.

(A PS to all this news, the other morning I actually got out of bed at 7AM after a session the day before….that session the doc inserted a needle at the top of my head, so I’m figuring this “woke” up the brain cells, etc.) I hadn’t got out of bed that early in many years.

jaminhealth
    Participant

Here is what one person said who deals with RA:

Have you tried acupuncture? I was diagnosed with RA earlier this year and wanted to try my hand at natural treatments too before drugs. So I started regular acupuncture treatments (every week now up to every month) and I am still drug-free! It has been my saving grace. My markers are down and my hands are completely pain-free. You should try it out and shop around for a therapist you trust b/c it really makes a difference if you feel comfortable with your acupuncturist. Good luck!

From another RA sufferer:

Acupuncture has been used for more than two centuries in China, it had been slow to catch on in western society. Thankfully, that seems to be changing. The World Health Organization has endorsed acupuncture as a treatment for more than 40 medical conditions, including chronic pain. Finally, this side of the Pacific seems to be acknowledging the role acupuncture can play in pain management

Were you also aware that even the act of walking while swinging the arms can be concidered moving an individual to decreased pain and inflamation. The reason is that swinging the arms while walking increases the blood flow to impaired joints over one hundred fold. I cannot help but to think that sometimes it is the small simple things repeated over many months and years that do more good that all the therapy combined. Once again, this is my opinion, and it works for me.

richie
    Participant

“Here is what one person said who has RA ” —“From another RA sufferer “”‘ –If this doesnt sound like a canned pitch -I dont know what is

Phrasing like this does stretch credibility –I am curious -what does your rheumy think about AP —Seems like she will try anything but –then again there is no money in it for her if she just writes a prescription –but acupuncture –mesotherapy –now thats a money maker !!!!!
    richie

jaminhealth
    Participant

Richie, we all go on our paths for our healing…knocking other’s attempts at what they do is not right in my eyes, I don’t knock other’s paths they are on….

My rheumy is holistic oriented and from the UCLA medical school but following in her father’s footsteps, is not willing to do conventional medicine, she is from Indian heritage so comes from that point of view, not the american point of view. Her thinking is too many have failed on conventional medicine and then we must not forget all the side effects of so many drugs…I did say Adjunct in my post.

She attended NY College of Acupuncture and did post work at Stanford in acupuncture.

I mentioned AP to her at one point, but she’s not willing to go there and I’m not either for that matter. This is me, and I’m not knocking anyone who does the AP, I attempted for a short time, my “stuff” at this point is structural and if I can reduce pain in my attempts, I’m happy.

Just sharing and I’ve noted a lot of other acupuncture postings here in the search. jam

BTW: These RA quotes are from 2 people on another health board I’ve been a member of for yrs…..not a pitch!!!!!

Do you believe in anyone else’s comments?

mary77
    Participant

During my “journey” of Lyme induced RA, acupuncture has been tremendously helpful to me. I would recommend it it anyone!
    The practitioner’s experience and training is important, as is the case with conventional medicine. It can be a valuable “adjunct” to treatment with AP. We each need to find what is helpful to us individually!

jaminhealth
    Participant

This just in from an MD on my other health board:

(((I have found acupuncture to be the most important tool in medicine! And, I

richie
    Participant

Hi–I had a few problems with your post –this is just my personal opinion –you quote two folks who have RA as if you knew them —turns out they just posted on another board and you really didnt know them –IMO this is deceptive !!!!!!-Secondly -I am well aware of the value of acupuncture in pain management -however you are posting this as an alternative along with some other thing to AP —Just think –What if I posted about biologics on this board –I am certain you would find it inappropriate –this is a board that advocates the use of antibiotic in treating rheumatic disease –just read the mission statement –You mention neither you or your doctor have no interest in an antibiotic approach —-People come here looking for a possibility of help in fighting rheumatic diseases -many folks post about useful things they have found that helps but not to the exclusion of an antibiotic approach

Lets see— you post and praise to the skies grape seed –mesotherapy and now acupuncture —I dont want to be rude but I do have a basic question —-Why ??????????????????????? –The rest I will let someone else finish —
    richie

Eileen
    Participant

Hi Jamin,

Thank you for your posts. Lots of great alternative information there. I’ve done acupressure, trigger point therapy. It does benefit the body, for sure — especially lymphatic drainage. Anything that reduces pain in this manner, without drugs, is helpful to our bodies. There’s so much out there that we are all experimenting with and whatever works…works. Whatever makes the day brighter and more manageable — go for it!

Thank you again for sharing your great success with acupuncture. Keep up posted. Always interested in outside-of-the-box success.

Eileen 🙂

jaminhealth
    Participant

Not just one protocol helps us, a lot of us use a myriad of protocols and I don’t care what others post, I’m always interested to read anything that could help….amen.

PS: Why does my information anger you so much, Richie….Grape Seed Ex is a salvation for me for 17 yrs and only share
    what’ it’s done for me…..Very Strong Immune System…., no more allergies and sinus issues and hoping it may keep cancer out of my body, that’s the main reason I started on it, we were told it “may” prevent cancer….I’m not alone on the Grape Seed Ex either…. Why read my posts, if you find them so offensive?

Krys
    Participant

Jam,
    I find it all quite confusing. Your lady rheumatologist does not really use acupuncture, not in the sense it was discovered and is practiced in any oriental medicine: TCM, Tibetan medicine, Ayurveda. She does use the needles and calls it very misleadingly “acupuncture” (maybe to attract clients who heard lots of wonderful stories abut oriental medicine?) and she even injects lidocaine and calls it acupuncture. It looks as if she invented a new system, or was taught that as part of pain management, uses it according to a very popular among rheumatologists belief that rheumatic disease is idiopathic in nature, cannot be cured and the doc’s function is not to treat the disease but to work with the symptoms and suppress the pain if possible.

Kate mentioned in another thread about college clinics where students supervised by their acupuncture docs administer real acupuncture for a very affordable amount of money. Some of those clinic charge $10 a session, some as Kate mentioned as low as $35 a month. Acupuncture is MUCH more that you quoted that doc saying. It always is preceded by pulse diagnosis, a great art and very valuable on its own, an interview with the patient, and is accompanied by an herbal formula to be taken 2 x a day until the next designated treatment session when after a new pulse diagnosis + an acupuncture session, the herbal formula is often changed.
    Jam, if you like the idea of acupuncture, DO see a real doc who uses it the way it was designed, not just as a pain management tool?

@jaminhealth wrote:

Why does my information anger you so much, Richie….

Maybe because of misinformation and anti-AP stand on an AP forum?
    I got upset when I read the testimonials. Needles only and RA is reversed? I don’t believe it. Herbal formula is an integral part of the treatment. Maybe if acupuncture was administered every day it would work on its own, maybe still not.
    2 years ago I had weekly acupuncture + an herbal formula (usually slightly different each week) to be taken 2 x a day for RA and I had the biggest herx of my life within 30 minutes of ingesting the herbs. I thought I had an immediate onset of bone cancer, metastasized to all my bones and joints. Acupuncture itself never caused any herx.
    I’ve been taking weekly acupuncture + TCM herbs for over 7 months now. This time around it’s not for RA. Yes, they are helping with symptoms quite remarkably! Not all symptoms. My heart was not helped until I resumed abx (I had a few months’ break). I have an excellent TCM doc and who does MUCH more than help control the pain. I would never be willing to pay for pain management only! And even though I find this treatment very, very helpful, I don’t believe it would heal me on its own. Maybe it would be enough for some mild cases when the symptoms are due to disregulated and malfunctioning system, with NO or only mild infectious component?

@jaminhealth wrote:

Why does my information anger you so much, Richie…… Why read my posts, if you find them so offensive?

Maybe because sometimes you offer mis-information, fake testimonials, even fake acupuncture, and it reads as advice to take that instead of AP on a forum devoted to AP? Newcomers may get very confused when they come across your posts as the very first one they read! Thank goodness Richie spots that and makes a stand!!!
    People who discover RBF want abx to treat the infectious cause of their rheumatic disease so that they can go into remission. I hope they don’t read the testimonials you quoted and if they do read them, I hope they do not believe them. The testimonials you quoted are not about any treatment but pain management. LIDOCAINE is no part of any oriental acupuncture treatment!!!

Jam, I LOVE all natural treatments. You do, too. But you ARE against AP and it comes out loud and clear! So your repeated assertion that you are open to all treatments is just not true. You are against AP, you offer all kinds of natural options instead of AP. Even fake acupuncture in the quoted by you testimonials, is offered there instead of any treatment. This is not honest/ethical, especially on a forum devoted to the use of abx for the treatment of rheumatic diseases.
    I’m not a moderator, I’m quite an unpopular poster, I ruffle many a feathers here! 😥 It’s not my job to tell others what to do, but maybe it would be good to pay attention that on an AP forum you do NOT express anti-AP views and when offering all those adjuncts, offer them not instead of AP? It does not always come out like that, but many times that is exactly what you say/quote/suggest.

Thank you for your enthusiasm about all natural methods!
    Keep up bringing interesting news! I loved it when you mentioned EFT and Ho’oponopono on another thread!
    Warm wishes, Krys

jaminhealth
    Participant

Boy, people just don’t read posts…..

My lady rheumy uses needles with electro stim and heat and NO lidocaine…where did you get that, not from me. She attended NY College of Acupuncture and advanced studies at Stanford…a medical degree from UCLA….she is from indian heritage and her father is an MD in the East and uses these same protocols…..

I tried AP a while back, did Doxy for 3 months and stopped since my hair was coming out…I am NOT against it…..that is how I got to this board…..

Mesotherapy are injections of homeopathy.

Lidocaine, well some MD’s use that in the cortisone inj and some use it in Prolo injections….

For some reason I’m forever put on trial here….why? I NEVER mentioned lidocaine and acupuncture….A friend of mine went to a chinese MD for 7 yrs who did the needles with elecrtro stim and heat…he trained in China…..

And my info is NOT fake, why would I post fake stuff? I don’t come off as honest and helping others? Too bad I come off as fake to some of you.

Again, I would not have been here if I hadn’t tried the AP some yrs back……

Krys
    Participant

@jaminhealth wrote:

This just in from an MD on my other health board:

(((I have found acupuncture to be the most important tool in medicine! …..
    ..In my practice I use Acupuncture and myofascial tissue release with trigger points w lidocaine. }}}}

What this doc describes as acupuncture sounds great, but it is needles, not acupuncture the way real acupuncture is designed to work. This doc is not an acupuncturist, not the way acupuncture has been taught and practiced within any Asian medicine. I’m familiar with TCM, Ayrvedic, Tibetan, Mongolian Traditional Medicine and acupuncture. It always works with meridians and acupressure points.

@jaminhealth wrote:

Here is what one person said who deals with RA:

Have you tried acupuncture? I was diagnosed with RA earlier this year and wanted to try my hand at natural treatments too before drugs. So I started regular acupuncture treatments (every week now up to every month) and I am still drug-free! It has been my saving grace. My markers are down and my hands are completely pain-free. You should try it out and shop around for a therapist you trust b/c it really makes a difference if you feel comfortable with your acupuncturist. Good luck!

From another RA sufferer:

Acupuncture …… I cannot help but to think that sometimes it is the small simple things repeated over many months and years that do more good that all the therapy combined.

@jaminhealth wrote:

My rheumy is holistic oriented… I mentioned AP to her at one point, but she’s not willing to go there and I’m not either for that matter.

In some past threads you expressed it a little bit stronger that you are against AP.
    Read all your posts and read Richie’s posts again. He is right!!!
    It is not against you as a person. You, as a person, are much loved here. Please read Richie’s answers again. He expresses it clearer than I.
    OK, I thought that you were really talking about your own doc again as an MD posting on the forum you were quoting.
    Krys

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

@jaminhealth wrote:

I mentioned AP to her at one point, but she’s not willing to go there and I’m not either for that matter. This is me, and I’m not knocking anyone who does the AP, I attempted for a short time, my “stuff” at this point is structural and if I can reduce pain in my attempts, I’m happy.

As a reminder to all posters:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1

“FORUM GUIDELINES:

1. Please do not advertise or make use of the forum for any commercial purpose
    2. Please do not post the names of physicians. Initials are acceptable
    3. Please keep the support forum’s primary focus on questions about, experiences with or information related to antibiotic protocols (AP) for rheumatic diseases and/or supporting measures that may enhance the therapy
    4. Please do not post copyrighted materials. All sources of quoted information must be appropriately referenced
    5. Please do not engage in flaming (personal attacks on any support forum user)

RBF retains the right to remove posts which violate the above guidelines and to block any user who consistently disregards them.”

RBF does not endorse any specific products, treatments or protocols and is not affiliated with any other website or support forum. The personal opinions expressed on this forum do not necessarily reflect those of the Foundation.

The Road Back Foundation is a foundation that is funded by donations from rheumatic patients and their advocates, grateful that AP remains available as a treatment option, for the physician referral lists, for the educative materials on the main website and that this foundation exists to preserve the legacy of Dr. Brown.

Please remember, this forum exists as a courtesy to those seeking information about AP and for peer support in its use.

richie
    Participant

To RBFV
    you post is very welcome –even if it was long over-due –
    richie

jaminhealth
    Participant

this adjunct is giving me a lot of PAIN R E L I E F!!!!!…

I had my 5th session last week, and doing a session once a week. I actually went 10 hrs between my 2nd and 3rd dose of advil yesterday…a MIRACLE for sure.

The burning in lower back and buttock area is less and I’m only hoping for more relief as I go on with this work.

I have the doxy script but with this improvement, it’s hardly in my mind now…..jam

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ Shout out for Acupuncture!!–Adjunct’ is closed to new replies.