Home Forums General Discussion serrapeptase

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    suera
    Participant

okay,  before surgery i stopped mtx and all supplements. after surgery felt great for 1week. decided i am going to stop mtx and be very careful as to what supplements i  add. it all gets so confusing, what works with what, what shouldn't betaken with what. i was thinking bromelain but then read it shouldn't be taken with antibiotics…next i am thinking serrapeptase, i see from the search board that maz takes this…i am only going to start with one supplement for now and want to get a good bang for my buck, so to speak, anybody have any good/bad thoughts about this one?

sue

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Here is an article in wiki on serrapeptase and its actions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serrapeptase

It includes info on both the benefits and possible, though rare, down sides of using this proteolytic digestive enzyme.

Also worth noting that taking it with food acts as a digestive enzyme, but taking on an empty stomach affords more anti-inflammatory relief.

Peace, Maz

Denyse
    Participant

Wow, things have changed since the last time I was on here.

Sue, I have been taking serrapeptase for 1 1/2 years now, and find that it helps with inflammation  alot. I take 90,000 units 2x a day.

I originally sarted taking it hoping it would softem my skin (scleroderma). It has not done that but works wonders for inflammation and joint pain. Can be expensive, but found a good brand at iherb.com and price is reasonable

Denyse/SD Since May 06

Mino 50 mg  MWD since Jan 07

CANADIAN LIVING IN CANADA
    Diagnosis/ Diffuse Scleroderma since 05/2006
    Current Meds: Methotrexate, Minocin, Zantac, Rabeprozale, Zopiclone
    Current Supp: Nattokinase, Serrapeptase, COQ10, Milk Thistle, Folate,, B12, D3, Melissa, UP4 probiotics, N-A-C
    medical MJ
    Current Extras: FIR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ serrapeptase’ is closed to new replies.