Home Forums General Discussion Sed rate down

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tainabell
    Participant

Hi all,

Just returned from Dr. Y and got my labs back.  My sed rate, which has been in the range of 60-90 for the past two years, today was 8!  So that's exciting!  I've definitely been feeling better with far fewer flares and I'm feeling very optimistic about the future.

So I just wanted to remind everyone out there to keep the faith.  We may have our ups and downs, but we all have to celebrate when we hit the good times, right?  :roll-laugh:

Thanks also for all your help.  Dr. Y is such a great doc and I never would have found her without Road Back.  Yay!

JBJBJB
    Participant

AMAZING!!!! Great news!

JB

JeffN
    Participant

Great news!! Got to feel better after that.

Maz
    Keymaster

Way to go, Tainabell!!!!!!! :roll-laugh: That is really awesome news and so great to get updates like this which help to keep us all going. Thanks for sharing!

Peace, Maz

kat
    Participant

So happy for you, that is a huge drop! What a victory!

I wish there was a way I could monitor my own sed rate. Mine dropped a lot after my first round of IVs and then went back up after several months (not overly high). I wish I could compare my sed rate to how I feel just to see the correlations.

katieb
    Participant

Hi Tainabell,

That is a fantastic drop and really significant. The Sed Rate is the reading that my rheumatologist's department like to take most notice of, as it's slower and steadier to react to changes, unlike the C-reactive protein which can jump about rather more rapidly.

Mine is on the way down, but slowly.

Very happy for you. 😀

Katie

tainabell
    Participant

Thanks so much for all your support and congratulations!  It feels so good to be the one who has good news to announce to the group! 😉

Also, forgot to mention.  On my recommendation, Dr. Y bought and is reading Cure Unknown and she said its a great resource and she's going to recommend it to her Lyme patients from now on.  So that felt super to be able to “pass it forward”, in a sense.  Its books like Cure Unknown and The New Arthritis Breakthrough that get the word out to docs and patients both, so that's a good step, I think!

Mumof3
    Participant

Congratulations! That's awesome news!

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Congrats Tainabell, wonderful news for you, news like that keeps us all going………..Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Marie
    Participant

Great news!  Good for you!:)

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Fantastic, Tainabell! Two great news posts to wake up to this morning (my time). You must be thrilled. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Patti D
    Participant

Tainabell,

You rock! You have got to be feeling so much better with that normal sed rate. That sed rate was so high so I am so glad for you that you are improving so much. That is just wonderful!!

Keep on going. We are here to cheer you on!

Happy days!
    Patti

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ Sed rate down’ is closed to new replies.